Quick ? - email address for Dish

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
I thought I had it written down but can't seem to find it. Could someone post the email address for Dish? I see that direct tv now has our local networks in HD. They are only offered in SD with dish :(. This is in zipcode 13901 (binghamton). After 14+ years w/dish maybe it's time to go to the "other" side as SD just isn't hack it on the new big screen. Thought I would shoot dish an email and see if I get any response on this from them before pursuing DTV.
Thanks, Gerry

Does the OP have the ability to add an ota antenna? That's what I used to get my locals in HD up here near Rochester, NY. Since Dish only carries the network feeds, I still use my antenna to get all the sub channels. I sit on top of a small hill and with a rotor and a booster, I can also get all of the Syracuse locals as well as Rochester.

First, I don't blame you if you feel you want your locals in HD and need to switch. Glad to see you are making an attempt to keep Dish before making a decision.
As mentioned if an outdoor antenna is possible and you are in a area to get the channels that would be a free way to go, especially because they would be integrated into the guide just like the satellite channels.

BTW - The "other side" is the Evil Empire Cable companies....... Direct is simply another viable option. :)

I currently do not have any details about your market but I will do some research and see if I can find anything.

Thanks for checking into it for me... To others - no OTA available where I am at otherwise it wouldn't matter much about the HD through dish. According to "thelist" I see that it
lists binghamton DMA on both 61.5 and 110 or 119 (can't remember which). This seems kinda strange to me.
Gerry

Thanks for checking into it for me... To others - no OTA available where I am at otherwise it wouldn't matter much about the HD through dish. According to "thelist" I see that it
lists binghamton DMA on both 61.5 and 110 or 119 (can't remember which). This seems kinda strange to me.
Gerry

If you really in Binghamton and haven't "moved" there is another alternative. Cable is required to carry a super basic tier that consists of your locals and several other basic channels. Runs about $12/mo. This could bridge you till Dish switches to the locals in HD. I carry this service as a backup. I have Finger Lakes Time-Warner. I get both Syracuse and Rochester in their normal places in the line up. Plus I get Elmira locals in SD via QAM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)