Quick Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avmike

Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
usa
I have a quick question. and I am sure that it has been discussed at some point. But here goes: can I put a new HD receiver on an SD Antenna dish.
Here is why. The current DVR Receiver died last night (I think it is the power supply) and we need to get something back up and running really soon. And we want to change over to HD at some point in the near future, but we are not completely ready Still remodeling. and I don't want to pay twice if I don't have to. Thanks for the help.

Directv +Plus R15 Receiver
18" round dish

I have a quick question. and I am sure that it has been discussed at some point. But here goes: can I put a new HD receiver on an SD Antenna dish.
Here is why. The current DVR Receiver died last night (I think it is the power supply) and we need to get something back up and running really soon. And we want to change over to HD at some point in the near future, but we are not completely ready Still remodeling. and I don't want to pay twice if I don't have to. Thanks for the help.

Directv +Plus R15 Receiver
18" round dish

Yes you can, but why ?
You will not get the large number of HD channels with out the proper dish set up, but you CAN add a HD recvr to what you currently have and watch the same programming you have been.

How quickly are you talking about ?
You can call D* and have them upgrade you to HD now, your going to upgrade soon anyways, and they will bring the recvr out and get you the proper dish all at the same time.

Now as in quickly, you mean like today or tomorrow, you CAN go to like BB or Costco and buy the recvr and wire it up and activate it and you would have you regular channels that you are subbing to, but not the large amount of HD, you would still need to change the dish to get them.
D* would do that for free if you order the recvr from them.
IF you buy a recvr from a BB or Costco, you are still leasing it and it is owned by D*, so either way they own the recvr in the long run.

Try to avoid the EBAY thing for getting recvrs as you never know if theres a balance on the unit your buying or if it's owned or leased (why would you pay someone for a leased unit that you don't know anything about).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)