Quick install question new HD TV

donh76

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
My new Sonny HD TV will arrive on Friday but the HD service will not be installed until the following week. Can I use the HD TV in SD with my current D* SD signal until the Dish HD service is setup. Thanks

heck, I've been doing that for about a year, running my DVR 510 to my 62" DLP via S-video. Most stuff is OK, but the SD locals really blow. Luckily, I have my trusty rabbit-ear antenna to pull in my local HD network stuff (if you have a spare antenna laying around, give it a shot). And, thanks to my tax return, I'll soon have a 622 instead of a 510 ;)

rabibt ears

So just ordinay rabbit ears will pick up local HD channels?

So just ordinay rabbit ears will pick up local HD channels?

Quite possibly, sure worth a try. for a more detailed idea of what you'll need for local HD reception over-the-air, check out www.antennaweb.org. That website will give you a very good idea of what you'll need to receive digital channels. For me, I'm pretty fortunate, only 18 miles away, all broadcast towers in the same place, and flat geography. So, I have a $35 Phillips antenna sitting on top of my TV, pulling in all local HD channels. Great picture quality, too ;)

Tahnks, great site

I am only 2.5 miles away from all of my local network towers. I always wondered what all of those towers were just to the east of the golf course. I will give it shot. I am like a kid with new toys. The HD TV will be here before the HD DVR receiver but I still want to play with it. Thanks again, I will let you know how it works out. Don:) :eureka :cool:

NEW Sony HD TV has arrived

They delivered my new Sony KDS-50A2000 today and I went ahead and hooked it up to my current SD receiver and a set of $10 rabbit ears for my HD locals. WOW :eureka the picture quality even in SD is great. The expanded picture in SD looks real good to on on couple current movies that I looked at. The HD locals come through good on the $10 antenna as well. The only thing I have seen so for in HD is the local news which is HD and it is a big difference. I hope to have the new HD DVR hooked up next week. :up

Don
</IMG></IMG>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts