Quick LNB Question

Bent82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Upper Peninsula Of Michigan
Can I hook up a DP Twin LNB to the input port on a Dish 1000.2 DPP Triple LNB? Tha manual says it is compatable with a DP single or dual LNB, but it doesn't say anything about twin. Thanks.

Can I hook up a DP Twin LNB to the input port on a Dish 1000.2 DPP Triple LNB? Tha manual says it is compatable with a DP single or dual LNB, but it doesn't say anything about twin. Thanks.

You can hookup a twin but you will have problems. The 1000.2 is meant to wire in a single wingdish, not 2 birds from a DP twin. Using the twin will cause confusion. Stick with a DP dual. This is what it was designed for.

The intent was to use it to pick up only 61.5, I do not have any DP duals and would have to order one, I was hoping to do it without buying anything. Would it still cause problems if I cover the head that wasn't used? They have an internal switch right?

You should be able to hook up a DP twin to the input of a DPP LNB, just as if you were connecting it to a 33, 34 or 44 switch. The left side and output of DP twin will only send the satellite that it sees while the right eye and output will only send satellite that it is seeing. Connecting the DP twin to a switch disables the internal switch feature of the DP twin (or quad). You should be fine if you want to point your dish at 61.5 with the 500 and DP twin and connect it to the input port of the 1000.2. You shouldn't even have to cover the unused eye on the twin. Try it and let us know how it works!

You should be able to hook up a DP twin to the input of a DPP LNB, just as if you were connecting it to a 33, 34 or 44 switch. The left side and output of DP twin will only send the satellite that it sees while the right eye and output will only send satellite that it is seeing. Connecting the DP twin to a switch disables the internal switch feature of the DP twin (or quad). You should be fine if you want to point your dish at 61.5 with the 500 and DP twin and connect it to the input port of the 1000.2. You shouldn't even have to cover the unused eye on the twin. Try it and let us know how it works!

Unfortunatley it doesn't. I never get a signal and if I run a check switch is says no device connected. Oh well, it looks like I will have to buy a dual.

EDIT: Typo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)