Quick Question On Shared VS. Dual View Modes

ThaVWman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I have a question... I have had the 622 for quite a while now, and never really ever put the unit it shared mode. It it just myself and my fiancee living in our home, so it was always nice to be able to have two TV's watching two different things.

Well, now with the new software giving PiP the side by side mode, and the fact that we are rarely watching different things in different places, shared mode may be the way for us to go most of the time. This will prevent us having problems when we switch from TV1 to TV2 and not being able to change the channel because TV2 is being used to record another show.

My question is this: I see in the specs that the UHF remote can be programmed to control TV1. If you do this, does it lose its ability to also control TV2 if you are in dual mode? Basically I would like to keep the unit in shared mode most of the time, and be able to use the UHF remote when not at the main TV, but still want the ability to put it back over to dual mode should we need to.

Thoughts? Thanks for any help!

If you are talking about switching over to singel mode and using the shared feature, the remote for tv2 will work as tv1. It is only when in dual mode does tv2 work independently. Hope this helps.

I believe that is what I am looking for. So there is nothing to do for the UHF remote to control TV1 when in single mode? It just works out of the box? If so that would be great.

Yes it works out of the box.. In single mode both remotes will still work just as before.. In single mode both tv's see the same picture and you get the PIP options. And both remotes will continue to operate as before.

Yes it works out of the box.. In single mode both remotes will still work just as before.. In single mode both tv's see the same picture and you get the PIP options. And both remotes will continue to operate as before.

With shared mode on this is so. With shared off, only the TV1 remote works.

Can testify that both remotes work when in Single mode. That's the only mode we've ever used, and both remotes control the 622 right out of the box.

Love having a remote at either end of the couch - no more grabbing the one remote from the wife/kids - how lazy can we be??

With shared mode on this is so. With shared off, only the TV1 remote works.

This is 100% wrong. You can have as many remotes as you want working at the same time (as long as the addresses are set correctly). I distribute the signal from my 622's all over the house (to several different TVs) and I have several UHF remotes around the house to control them in different rooms.

This is 100% wrong. You can have as many remotes as you want working at the same time (as long as the addresses are set correctly). I distribute the signal from my 622's all over the house (to several different TVs) and I have several UHF remotes around the house to control them in different rooms.

Sorry my answer is correct. If you turn off shared view in single mode, only TV1 remotes will work. Normally this means IR remotes only. It is true that you can have multiple remotes as long as they have the same address. And it is possible to change tv1 from being controlled by a IR TV1 remote to a rf(uhf) TV1 remote.

To use both of the supplied remotes to control TV1 in single mode, shared view must be on, andd then you can use mutltiple remotes as longs as they match one of the two remtoe addresses

Sorry my answer is correct. If you turn off shared view in single mode, only TV1 remotes will work. Normally this means IR remotes only. It is true that you can have multiple remotes as long as they have the same address. And it is possible to change tv1 from being controlled by a IR TV1 remote to a rf(uhf) TV1 remote.

To use both of the supplied remotes to control TV1 in single mode, shared view must be on, andd then you can use mutltiple remotes as longs as they match one of the two remtoe addresses

I don't get what you are saying. When I put my box in shared/single use I can use my remote with the number 2 on it still. I don't have to carry my number 1 remote upstairs to use the 622. You might be set wrong.

I don't get what you are saying. When I put my box in shared/single use I can use my remote with the number 2 on it still. I don't have to carry my number 1 remote upstairs to use the 622. You might be set wrong.

Thats what I said happens if you have shared view on. If you are in single mode with shared view off, remote 2 doesn't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts