Quick Question

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I need to get a second Joey for my son's TV (he moved back in...again!) Is there a charge for the Joey itself, or just the "leasing" fee?
Thanks.
Ghpr13:)

Well just got done chatting with Dish CS. To get an second Joey, I must re-up my agreement for another 2 years, or purchase the Joey for $99.00. They said they would discount the Joey to $69.00, and of course the $7.00/month "fee." Which I have no problem with the "fee." I do have a problem paying out $69.00 for a Joey. Also, there's a $95.00 installation charge, but they might be willing to waive that.
Man, Dish never makes it simple and low cost...My brand new Hopper that I got in March, fried out on me last month and my replacement was a refurbish Hopper. So my Hopper only lasted 7 months. I keep trying to tell myself that the Hopper is really an awesome DVR, but I find myself wishing I had back my VIP722k more and more...

I'm not getting the second Joey. Sorry, but not under those terms. Maybe my son will want it bad enough he will pay for it. He knew he would have to pay the $7.00/month fee, and was OK with that.

Oh well...
Ghpr13:(

Why would they just give it to you for free? You can get it for free but renew a 24 month agreement and pay the $95 tech visit fee. You can add the protection plan and only pay $15 for the tech visit. You can also just buy a Joey and hook it up yourself. Lots of options for you.

Why would they just give it to you for free? You can get it for free but renew a 24 month agreement and pay the $95 tech visit fee. You can add the protection plan and only pay $15 for the tech visit. You can also just buy a Joey and hook it up yourself. Lots of options for you.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem paying a small charge for the Joey, let's say $50.00, along with the added $7.00/month fee. I just fine anything over that for a Joey is rather outrageous, specially when combined with a $7.00 monthly fee. As for the installation charge, I have had the protection plan since I signed up with Dish, and I'm not one to cancel it, then re-up just when I have a problem.
I don't have problems paying reasonable charges to Dish, I just feel they get carried away with some of them. And let's face it, the Hopper is a "buggy" DVR that needs work and a Joey is useless without a Hopper. Without the Hopper, it's just a door stop.
Ghpr13:)

According to Dish the Joeys are worth more than $50. They cost retailers more than $50 so it better cost the end user more, if they are purchasing of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts