Quick Question

If you want HD on your new TV you will want to use a component, DVI or HDMI cable from your HD cable box. If you're using a regular cable box the composite or s-video will work.

Yup I concur with terryfoster on this. Also for any device you want to connect as long as the device has an S-Video output it will work just fine on this new set. Also the yellow composite connection will also work just fine. Now because this set is HDTV I'd highly suggest you drop into your local TWC office and swap your current digital box in for an HDTV box. I believe the rental for an HD box is the same as the rental for a normal digital box. Also if you have an SD DVR box I believe it only costs about 3 bucks more for an HD DVR box instead of the SD DVR box. You can always call and ask the costs. TWC doesn't have the best selection of HD but they have more than enough that I believe your crazy to not get HDTV if you have an HDTV set.

Also TWC may not provide you with an HDMI cable so if you don't want to pay for the cable just use the component cables that TWC "will" provide you with. Those cables will still give you full HDTV quality. Also if you do get the HD DVR box (most likely the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR) you might need to enter the settings menu (not by pressing Settings on the remote) to set the resolutions and the stretch modes and such and I will be more than glad to help you with all of this. I'm sure many others will help you out as well. Most of this stuff is a one time setup and once done its just a matter of changing to your favorite SD and HD channels and it just working.

I will look at your profile to find out what city and state you live in and look up your costs on the TWC website and post it here as an edit okay.

Edit....Okay as your a Road Runner customer served under the New York and New Jersey Time Warner Cable systems this would be your pricing. First you must be a diigtal cable customer for the pricing below to be correct just to start.

If you have a DVR right now you can swap the DVR out for an HD DVR at no extra cost. Just drop into your local office to pick up the box using their self install kit.

If you just have a normal digital box you can upgrade to their HD DVR for an extra 8.95/month.

I couldn't fix the extra cost if anything for a normal HD box so sorry about that. My guess would be no extra cost to upgrade a digital box with an HD box.

Also most likely you would be ordering the HD Tier (called HDXtra) and this will cost an extra 8.95/month for those channels. But if you have an HD DVR (or get one) you can get the HD DVR and HDXtra combo at a total price of 15.00/month which is about 3 bucks a month savings. Also these are the HDTV channels you will get listed below okay.

You will get these premium HD channels below at no extra cost as long as you order the premium channel itself.

Starz HD
Cinemax HD
Showtime HD
HBO HD.

Again you must order HBO to get HBO HD...etc.

You will get HD feeds of these local channels below.

CBS HD
ABC HD
NBC HD
FOX HD
MyNetwork TV HD
CW HD

With Digital cable you will get Discovery HD, TNT HD, Universal HD and some channel I've never heard of called Thirteen HD.

I'm sure you will get these sports channels below at no extra charge but I could be wrong.

YES Network HD, MSG HD (also HD Special Events channel) and SportsNet NY HD.

The HDExtra package includes the following channels below.

InHD
HDNet
HDNet Movies
ESPN HD.

I'm also very sure that you also would have ESPN2 HD or soon will have it.

You may also have or soon will have MHD and A&E HD.

So I believe you have quite a bit of HDTV to gain with very little more cost out of pocket. I hope this information has helped you.

Thanx for the help, that sounded very informative. When I switch over to HD-DVR box. Will that affect the regular SD channels?

Thanx for the help, that sounded very informative. When I switch over to HD-DVR box. Will that affect the regular SD channels?

Nope they will come in just like always. Also note that after about six months of watching HDTV you might start to notice a drop in picture quality of all SD channels. Don't worry about that as this is your brain telling you your spoiled!:D :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)