Quick switch setup check

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottc98

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Columbus, OH
I've got a quick question about this setup.

Currently, I have a fortec Classic hooked up to a HH120 and then BSC621-2 (22mhz). Slaved of the Classic NA is my twihan card, which has a GI2650R slaved off it.

On the side, I have now a Fortec lifetime Ultra (freebie :) ) to replace the satpro rec for IS-9 and AMC 6 (both universals now; disqec).

What I'd like to do is find a way to hook up the IS-9/AMC6 to the Twinhan incase a 4.2.2 or HD feed shows up on those sats (and to stream a channel to myself at work).

Running cables out to the 120cm so all 4 sats are off the same disqec before the motor is not a option right now.

So, I was wondering this: Does the loop out port on the Fortecs block incoming 22mhz and disque commands when the receiver is on? If so, couldn't I put a 22mhz switch for the two fortec loop outs to the twinhan? If the loopouts don't block it, what about a DC block instead of using the loopout?

The 22mzh tone from the twinhan wouldn't pass the switch and the receivers would be providing LNB power and switch control.

Is this crazy? :)

So, I was wondering this: Does the loop out port on the Fortecs block incoming 22mhz and disque commands when the receiver is on?
yes

If so, couldn't I put a 22mhz switch for the two fortec loop outs to the twinhan? If the loopouts don't block it, what about a DC block instead of using the loopout?
If you want to manually change, just use a A/B switch. I don't think it would work with a Diseqc or a 22k switch but if you have an extra switch around try it :D

Manual changes is a option, but with a 22mz switch, I can log into the pc from work and switch between sats. A/B would have to be manual. Got a extra switch, I'll try it out tomorrow :)

What about a DC block? does it do the same as the loopout?

Can I ask how are you streaming your feed to yourself at work ?

UDP stream from DVBdream to VLC. Re-encode to H264 and sent out via HTTP. Took awhile to get the right video and audio setting with the upload bandwith that I have, but it works pretty cool at work. I've tried on CST and STO of IA13 and they both work pretty well with an occasional buffer here and there.

This is the target I use under stream output:

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=276,width=400,height=400,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=64,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=asf,dst=:XXXX}} :sout-all

XXXX is the port # you want to use to output HTTP

if no know is using the internet at home, thats the highest quality i've gotten. Otherwise, I've transcoded down.

Yup....as long as its on a PC, any card should work :)

The next thing I want to try to it to output multiple PIDS across. I'd like to stream the Jones networks to work. Or other FTA radio. Audio takes up alot less bandwidth so I should be able to stream multiple feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)