quietest/silent Dish DVR receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeCTM2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
02 530i sport
Hi We used to have Dishnetwork. Now my aunt wants it again. I'm freaking because i remember the hum and noise that the Dish DVR receiver makes. My Tinnitus is about gone, and i don't need this (a dish dvr receiver ) setting it off again!

Any insight immensely appreciated.

She does not want a non-dvr receiver. :(

I'm more interested in how your tinnitus went away. On its own or did you do something?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Joeys will be completely silent - no moving parts. Hopper is pretty quiet. I can't hear the Hopper I have in a cabinet at all. The Hopper in the open can be heard at times - there is a physical drive. If your willing to put in a little work beyond a basic install, put the Hopper in a closet or another room.

We've had a 722K for over three years and I don't hear it at all unless I put my ear up to it, though it sits 15' away in a cabinet. The 625 we had before that was the same way. Maybe my hearing is going bad?

The Hopper has been the quietest DVR I've ever heard. I have had customers with a 625, 622, 722 and 922 in their bedrooms and complain about the noise at night during the download.

The only noise I ever hear from my Hopper is a 2 second whir when it reboots. That happens at about 1:30 AM. It is so fast that it wouldn't wake you....

The hopper I have is the quietest dish receiver I have had--honestly I don't notice it--the 722 I had did not make much noise either.

Thats the only time I hear anything out of my 722. During the reboot that fan speeds up to supersonic but otherwise it is quiet

took notes on everything posted.

Navychop, from the best i can figure out Tinnitus (ringing in the ears ) is from Chloclial (ear drum/nerve ) damage and general Stress/tension.

Mine was caused by GM Bulletin # PIT5166C

All 2012 and 2013 GM Trucks (chevy silverados or gmc sierras ) have these electric fans, that make this HOrrible high pitch sound, in their radios ( the factory radios ).

I've spent the last year recovering, from one of the worst experiences of m life. I sold the dam truck, and also moved as well.
My perscription (if you'd like to see your tinnitus diminish/go away ) would be, plenty of outdoors, and very limited exposure to speakers, especially digital speakers in a small area/room. Also limit/reduce your driving exposure/road time.

I could go on and on here,, about getting over tinnitus, but i guess i'll just leave it at that.. and stop highjakin my own thread,, lol.
PM me if you really wanna know more..

took notes on everything posted.

Navychop, from the best i can figure out Tinnitus (ringing in the ears ) is from Chloclial (ear drum/nerve ) damage and general Stress/tension.

Mine was caused by GM Bulletin # PIT5166C

All 2012 and 2013 GM Trucks (chevy silverados or gmc sierras ) have these electric fans, that make this HOrrible high pitch sound, in their radios ( the factory radios ).

I've spent the last year recovering, from one of the worst experiences of m life. I sold the dam truck, and also moved as well.
My perscription (if you'd like to see your tinnitus diminish/go away ) would be, plenty of outdoors, and very limited exposure to speakers, especially digital speakers in a small area/room. Also limit/reduce your driving exposure/road time.

I could go on and on here,, about getting over tinnitus, but i guess i'll just leave it at that.. and stop highjakin my own thread,, lol.
PM me if you really wanna know more..

I got mine courtesy of the Navy. I doubt anything can be done now, decades later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopper is what you want. It has two options for remote control - infrared line of sight or radio frequency which will pass through closed cabinet. Close it up and you will hear nothing. One of the best things since sliced bread!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)