quit voom in june still being billed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

giveuspurehd

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 14, 2004
sorry voom but you are not getting anymore of my money.got 2 final bills of$0 and just recevied a bill for vavavoom and playboy.hahahahah.billing department will begetting a call early in the morning.hahahahhahahahah!!i wish i lived near a voom office. :mad: :shocked :confused: :rolleyes:

Its funny out of all VOOM's subscribers its hard for me to believe you are getting the harsh end of the stick from their billing department. I have never had any issues with them since i have been with them, but thats me atleast. Keep up the good service VOOM.

I am not sure that it is clear from your post but are you saying that the finals bill were $0 or something else. Shouldn't it be this way? Are you getting money deducted? Can you explain this? Thanks.

I find it funny that I cancelled my service on Aug 13th, equipment was picked up on Aug 20th, and then two day ago I recieved a paper bill that VOOM was charging me my usual monthly fee (this time for service from 8/17 - 9/16). According to this letter the "auto pay" is scheduled for today (8/27). Nothing on the bill showed I had discontinued service.
What is really funny is that I cancelled this CC last week to prohibit VOOM for doing this very thing!
I wonder what they will do next?

txcruiser said:
I find it funny that I cancelled my service on Aug 13th, equipment was picked up on Aug 20th, and then two day ago I recieved a paper bill that VOOM was charging me my usual monthly fee (this time for service from 8/17 - 9/16). According to this letter the "auto pay" is scheduled for today (8/27). Nothing on the bill showed I had discontinued service.
What is really funny is that I cancelled this CC last week to prohibit VOOM for doing this very thing!
I wonder what they will do next?

They will eventually find out that you canceled service and that you are not supposed to be billed. I am not sure, though, that canceling CC is particularly funny. And it will stay on your credit record anyway.

andrzej said:
They will eventually find out that you canceled service and that you are not supposed to be billed. I am not sure, though, that canceling CC is particularly funny. And it will stay on your credit record anyway.

"Eventually"....That was a nicely worded response. You would make a very good VOOM CSR. You also failed to mention of a credit ever taking place.
Leaving out pertinent info is another trait the VOOM CSR has.

Updated...
I called the CSR. Sure enough the monthly charge was attempted today but it failed. I told her the card had been cancelled but that didn't seem to faze her. The date she showed that my service was disconnected (i.e. equipment pickup) was Aug 23rd. I informed her it was actually Aug 20 12 noon CST.
See also saw a $11.25 CREDIT attempted today, but it failed as well since the CC was cancelled. How VOOM ever thought a measly $11.25 was the right amount I'll never know.

She said I definitely had a closed account and since the credit couldn't be posted to my CC, I would receive a check in the mail for $11.25 (even though the monthly charge never went through??)

I got "tired head" trying to understand her logic so I just hung up the phone. Hopefully (but somehow I doubt) that was my last conversation with VOOM.

equipment picked up june 26th . iwas paid in full to that date.i had it set up to be picked up that date for that very reason. well anyhoo i have recieved 2 final bills from voom that sayi owe nothing. i took it as strange but no biggie.it was correct, i owe them nothing.i get bill the other day for service through september 14 or something like that.all i can say if you have not been been bent over by voom yet, just wait because your turn is coming. this company is the worst i have ever dealt with.i would not care if they offered me 10 years for free :cool: , i would not go back to them.

I cancelled my service two weeks ago and today I get a bill dated for Sept. 2.
When I call for
them to fix or stop it they said that after I get charged officially on the the
2nd I will be
refunded back. This is just plain stupid. So I disputed it with my visa. They
need to get
their sh*t together with this stuff.

Also their equipment has been sitting here for two weeks to be picked up., now
scheduled
for this Monday. Which was one of their excuses for the billing, but if you
don't come pick
it up for six months do you think I will pay for six months? Just stupid, plain
stupid.

The only thing they have going for them is Wilt!

This is the cable mentality of their company shining through. It just simply amazes me how many new ways this company finds to screw up. I really want Voom to survive but unless crap like this stops, there is no way they will survive. It's sad that a person has to cancel their credit card too when they cancel Voom. And to tell you that the CC has to be charged first and then a credit issued even though they know they are making a mistake, that's just freakin ridiculous. I really do think this is Voom's way of getting a free loan for a few weeks.

Bob

I disputed it and the credit card comp. says they will take it off the account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)