R-15 driving me nuts. Need advice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

j32driver

Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Been a DTV customer for 8 years. I love my DTV programming. The problem is I think I hate my R15 more than I love my DirecTV.

I've read the forums, I know the R15 has been plagued with problems. I've experienced most of them. But, I've dealt with it because I thought DirecTV would eventually get their act together and fix the R15. It started off terrible, then it got ALOT better, now.... in the last 10 days its become unuseable. It only records about 1 out of 2 shows scheduled. It will record a show as indicated by the orange light and "history", but the program won't be available in the "list". When I try to watch a recorded program, 25% of the time I get kicked back out to Live TV. The box is just so freakin random that its become completely unreliable.

I can't use my R15 anymore. What are my options? I've become addicted to "Tivo like" service. I have always loved my DirecTV programming. I was in heaven until my DirecTivo died and it was replaced by the R15.

More than anything else, I need a box that is reliable. I'm close to cancelling my DirecTV service and moving to Cable so I can get my beloved Tivo back.

What options do I have other than the R15? Is the HR20 any more reliable? Will DirecTV EVER have a reliable DVR box? I'm completely depressed thinking I'm going to have to switch to cable.

PLEASE HELP!

R-15 driving me nuts. Need advice.

Been a DTV customer for 8 years. I love my DTV programming. The problem is I think I hate my R15 more than I love my DirecTV.

I've read the forums, I know the R15 has been plagued with problems. I've experienced most of them. But, I've dealt with it because I thought DirecTV would eventually get their act together and fix the R15. It started off terrible, then it got ALOT better, now.... in the last 10 days its become unuseable. It only records about 1 out of 2 shows scheduled. It will record a show as indicated by the orange light and "history", but the program won't be available in the "list". When I try to watch a recorded program, 25% of the time I get kicked back out to Live TV. The box is just so freakin random that its become completely unreliable.

I can't use my R15 anymore. What are my options? I've become addicted to "Tivo like" service. I have always loved my DirecTV programming. I was in heaven until my DirecTivo died and it was replaced by the R15.

More than anything else, I need a box that is reliable. I'm close to cancelling my DirecTV service and moving to Cable so I can get my beloved Tivo back.

What options do I have other than the R15? Is the HR20 any more reliable? Will DirecTV EVER have a reliable DVR box? I'm completely depressed thinking I'm going to have to switch to cable.

PLEASE HELP!

I sent you a PM. Please e-mail me back. I have the solution to your problem.

Hello. I too am distressed with my R-15. Please share with me the reply you received from tds4182. bigredbus@verizon.net Im looking for a standalone DVD RECORDER with HDD that imports DirecTv's program guide which would allow me to set to record programing much like the tivo. Thanks!

I sent you a PM. Please e-mail me back. I have the solution to your problem.

From reading the reviews and issues about the R15, I am not looking forward to using my new R15 they are sending me because my R10 is not working. Why is it you are not posting the solution for everone to read?

CEV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)