(R-15 owners)power on or off?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishnetisforme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
California
Hi I had a DTivo before and it was on all the time.In the b ooklet it said this was fine.The r-15 on the other hand has a power button with on or off.Do you have to turn it off or can you leave it on all the tiime.I read in the book and cant find anything about this.Thanks!

All recievers are okay to leave on at all times. for directv to make a dvr that requires to shut off would be pointless. How can it record when your not home if its not on.... So yeah, your fine leave the sucker on!!!!

It's not a power off, it's Standby, just like the older DTiVos. It still records.
The problem is the remote, when turning off the TV with the remote, it also puts the R15 in Standby.

I wish it didn't do that.

Mike,

Mine doesn't, not sure why but I think it's in the way you set up the remote and "marry" the TV to the R15. As with all electonics, the directions are a bit on the skimpy side.

As I have my R-15 in my bedroom, I like the ability to turn off TV and turn off the blue lights at the same time. I know it is just a standby, but convenient for me.

I have not read the encyclopedia that came with the r-15, but I would not call it a standby that the unit goes into. It still records, and works at full throttle just as if it was on. I think all it does is turn off the lights on the front and shut off the video output. It probably saves a very tiny bit of power by not sending the video signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts