r. v. dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jig head

Original poster
May 1, 2007
I just swithched to direct tv.
I want to make sure I have the right dish for my r.v. when I go camping.
can someone tell me what dish and lnb I will need if I use one of my sd recievers?

The minimum will be an 18" dish with dual LNB. It would be helpful to know what programming you are subscribing to, without that information we can't be sure if you need 119 or 110.

As long as you locals are on the 101 and you are not expecting HD then the 18" standard dish will do. Once you drive outside of you local spotbeam, then even the 101 spot locals will be lost.

I'm using the 18"x20" multi sat dish with three lnb's. I am only attempting to get sd. I suppose I could get by with the two lnb model...this was one the installer had on his truck. I don't think I would try to get HD on the tripod I am using. Also could get a little complicated if you camp with many trees. Good Luck.

If you already have the PhaseIII (triple LNB) then you likely would not need the 2 LNB, or PhaseII, dish either; just the run of the mill 18" dual output, single LNB model.

I'm using the 18"x20" multi sat dish with three lnb's. I am only attempting to get sd. I suppose I could get by with the two lnb model...this was one the installer had on his truck. I don't think I would try to get HD on the tripod I am using. Also could get a little complicated if you camp with many trees. Good Luck.
Hi... I don't see where you are in the country but for my RV set up I use the basic round dish. In Cincy my locals in SD are on the 101... in fact darn near everything is. Charper says it's a single LNB but I thought there were two in the single cone. I used to be an E* sub and I can tell you the D* is SO MUCH simpler to aim as the dish is straight up and down (sorry I don't know the correct terminology) whereas the E* is rotated slightly. I use a bullseye mount (google it) for the top of the RV. It makes it much easier to plumb vertically. You can get the dish on ebay for less than $20 usually. I've been as far as 200 miles from downtown Cincy and still gotten my locals. Hope this helps.:cool:

1. Single LNB (one orbital slot) / Single Output (Std 18" Dish)

2. Single LNB (one orbital slot) / Dual Output (Std 18" Dish)

3. Dual LNB (two orbital slot / PhaseII Elliptical Dish)

4. Triple LNB (three orbital slot / PhaseII Elliptical Dish w/ SAT-C kit)

5. Triple LNB (three orbital slot / PhaseIII Elliptical Dish, w/built-in multi-switch)

The newest ones you know all about.

Attachments

• tce1.jpg
    tce1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 110
  • tce2.jpg
    tce2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 112
  • phase-ii.jpg
    phase-ii.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 116
  • phase-ii-plus.jpg
    phase-ii-plus.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 130
  • phaseIII.jpg
    phaseIII.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hi... I don't see where you are in the country but for my RV set up I use the basic round dish. In Cincy my locals in SD are on the 101... in fact darn near everything is. Charper says it's a single LNB but I thought there were two in the single cone. I used to be an E* sub and I can tell you the D* is SO MUCH simpler to aim as the dish is straight up and down (sorry I don't know the correct terminology) whereas the E* is rotated slightly. I use a bullseye mount (google it) for the top of the RV. It makes it much easier to plumb vertically. You can get the dish on ebay for less than $20 usually. I've been as far as 200 miles from downtown Cincy and still gotten my locals. Hope this helps.:cool:

You do the "Tilt" on the D*M units as well, just not until you hit the 3 lnb set up.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)