R10 not finding satellite signal??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shippy1973

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
I have had my receiver up and running fine for about 3 months now and all of a sudden I am having issues with the signal.

It started breaking up really bad sometimes and I get the dreaded "searching for signal on sat 1 or 2" occasionally so I decided to reboot the damn thing.

When I did, I can no longer get past the startup. It says it cannot find a signal on the 119 and 110 although when I do it myself I pick up a signal just fine on all the satellites. Any ideas as to why this is happening or can I look at a specific transponder to verify the signal is true?

*EDIT* I switched the setup to a round dish and it found the signal for the one satellite like it had been but when it goes to update the guide, I get an error still. DAMN!!

Last edited:
Try looking at the signal on Satellite 101 Transponders 1 and 2. Then Satellite 110 8, 10, and 12. Then Satellite 119 22,24,26,28,30,and 32. Post your results and Ill try to help you futher.

101 T1 91
T2 In1 (1) In2 (30)

110 T8 87
T10 79
T12 85

119 T22 96
T24 95
T26 97
T28 97
T30 97
T32 100

I turned it back on to post these results and somehow it updated itself and I could watch TV again. But that was because I switched it to an single LNB dish I guess?? I am switching back now to my oval and it actually completed the setup this time but it still says 101 is ok and the 119 and 110 are not detected and the guide data failed to download again. So no TV again. Good thing I only use this for my football package and not TV all the time :mad: Thanks for taking the time to help. :up

Hum. Sounds like the receiver may be bad but I dint want to rule that yet. Next thing I would say do is to try a different receiver and try it on both the line. If both the lines work fine with a different receiver than its the receiver. Let me know the outcome.

I plugged into another receiver I have built into my TV and the same results. All signals were the same. We maybe looking at my LNB/Multiswitch going bad?

*EDIT* 2 & 4 on 101 have no or extremely weak signals. All the others on 101 are fine on both receivers.

Last edited:
shippy1973 said:
I plugged into another receiver I have built into my TV and the same results. All signals were the same. We maybe looking at my LNB/Multiswitch going bad?
*EDIT* 2 & 4 on 101 have no or extremely weak signals. All the others on 101 are fine on both receivers.

It may be in the cable or connectors also, Is it cold were you live? the connections may be comeing loose. Unscrew all of them on that line and see if the white part is flush with the bottom of the inside part of the connector. Do you have any breaks in the line from the lnb to the receiver? check them also. How many recievers do you have now?

Tate Satellites said:
It may be in the cable or connectors also, Is it cold were you live? the connections may be comeing loose. Unscrew all of them on that line and see if the white part is flush with the bottom of the inside part of the connector. Do you have any breaks in the line from the lnb to the receiver? check them also. How many recievers do you have now?

I only have one receiver hooked up. I don't use the other one.

No, it is not cold here. 77 beautiful degrees. :p It DID get cold about 3 weeks ago, but only down to 28.

I just don't understand why all the other signals are good and one bad transponder is ruining everything??

I will try and switch the cables on the multiswitch and see if anything is wrong with them.

why do you have a multi switch on a Phase 3 dish? or are you referring to the one on the lnb?
Not all transponders will have signal and some may show poor signal. Like here transponder 4 is around 50 and 16 is 0.

Tate Satellites said:
why do you have a multi switch on a Phase 3 dish? or are you referring to the one on the lnb?
Not all transponders will have signal and some may show poor signal. Like here transponder 4 is around 50 and 16 is 0.

I am referring to my "built in" multiswitch on the LNB.

I am going to rule out the receiver since it does it on the other one I tried as well.

shippy1973 said:

sounds like the LNB has gone bad..there are several suggestions..post back to let me know how handy you are ....

dishcomm said:
sounds like the LNB has gone bad..there are several suggestions..post back to let me know how handy you are ....

I am willing to try anything you suggest. What do you have in mind?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts