R15 100 300 500 Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rezia

Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I have been hearing a rumor that it is possible to some how use an all ports power passing DIPLEXER not splitter to diplex in a second tuner input for DVRs. I am sure I could sit here and think of a way but i was wondering if anyone else had heard of such a thing..... or did the Loch Ness Monster give the diagram to this nifty well thought up contraption to big foot to use as toilet paper?:confused::confused::confused:

I don't know of any way you can use a diplexer or splitter to do that. The problem would be if the second tuner is on a different voltage/control frequency, it would cause interference or signal loss on one line.

Won't work. A diplexer is used to combine/separate sat signals and OTA/cable signals. You have to have two separate inputs from either the dish or a multiswitch to the dual input DVR.

Right I understand what you are saying jd, but hear this and let me know if it seems plausable...... EXAMPLE:

Equipment : KT18 Round Dish w/ dual LnB
3x4 Zinwell MultiSwitch

Configuration: 2 Standard IRD (D11 - 100)
1 DVR (R15-300)

Now lets say that the R15 DVR is only running off of 1 Satellite Input.
Both of the D11 IRDs are using one Satellite Input each.

So now looking at this we are using both feeds from the LnB to feed
a 3x4 Zinwell switch. Three of the Four outputs from this switch are
being used for 3 seperate IRDs. Now if we were to use a diplexer that
is power passing on both ports, this would differ from a regular diplexer.
It could take 2 ports from the 3x4 switch and feed the two power
power passing ports of this diplexer. then the actual outlet in the wall would connect to the IN/OUT port of the diplexer. At the other end of the line you would run a jumper from the outlet to the IN/OUT on your second diplexer and use the two power passing ports to feed Sat In 1 and Sat in 2. It is all theoretical ofcourse, but I am not even sure if this so called diplexer exists. On top of all of this, would the single outlet push without a voltage conflict once diplexed? this is the question lol

Nope, won't work.

But, since you only need the 101 satellite, you could use the stacker/destacker solution.
Here's the stacker. Sonora DIRECTV Stacker with HRPI-20 Power Inserter (US575-T) | Sonora [US575-T]
And the dual destacker.
Sonora Dual DIRECTV DStacker for TiVo Receivers (D575D) | Sonora [D575D] Sonora Dual DIRECTV<sup>®</sup> DStacker for TiVo Receivers (D575D)

This is an expensive solution.

Here's an FAQ on how LNBs etc work.
LNB, Multiswitch, and DirecTV Signal FAQ's - TiVo Community & Store

Great!!!!

Thanks Alot jd, I learn more every day lol, atleast I know my custom outlets money will never decipate as long as that kit stays around $500!!! :) Just to bad their isnt a cheaper solution :mad: Oh well , found a way to diplex the ka-lo bands for the Ka/Ku dishes yet?

Do a search for SWM (Single Wire Multiswitch). This is the next technology for DirecTV. I'm not up on this, but some newer receivers can use it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts