R15 300 to R22 100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

glow61

Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
I have R15 300 and am having trouble with it. My daughter gave me a R22 100 that they purchased a while back and are not using. Can I switch over to the R22 and would you recommend that I switch? I know I have to go thru Direct tv, I am just wondering if it is worth changing? The R15 300 is not doing what it is supposed to and we are very frustrated with it. Don't know if the R22 100 will be better. Help if you can.

Well if you activate he R22 (not that old) then you may have to pay any past due amounts. Also that Receiver will be on a 24 month contract with their account and it may charge them $470. There will also be a $20 fee to replace the Access Card. The R22 doesn't have Coax output so if the TV your hooking up to doesn't have an alternate input you will need a RF modulator.

The R22 may be leased (almost all are) and if so, cannot be transferred between accounts. If it is deactivated it must be returned or there will be a several hundred dollar charge (and it still won't be activated on another account).

Well if you activate he R22 (not that old) then you may have to pay any past due amounts. Also that Receiver will be on a 24 month contract with their account and it may charge them $470. There will also be a $20 fee to replace the Access Card. The R22 doesn't have Coax output so if the TV your hooking up to doesn't have an alternate input you will need a RF modulator.

They purchased unit at Best Buy, they own the machine. They purchased a newer model at Best Buy and are not using this one. I am trying to find out if the R22 is a better unit and is it worth my time to change from the R15 300, because the R15 sucks. It doesn't work half the time, freezes up, channels double up when you try to change channels with the remote, I could go on and on. This machine did not come from Direct tv, it was purchased.

The R22 may be leased (almost all are) and if so, cannot be transferred between accounts. If it is deactivated it must be returned or there will be a several hundred dollar charge (and it still won't be activated on another account).

This unit was purchased at Best Buy. They own the machine. They purchased a newer one and are not using this one. I am trying to find out if the R22 100 is a better unit than R15 300. If it is worth my time to change it over. There is no lease on this machine.

They Don't own it unless they bought the R22 Pro which is +$500 all Receivers obtained at Best Buy, Costco, Sams, Bobs Big Sat Store etc.. Are leased receivers.

They Don't own it unless they bought the R22 Pro which is +$500 all Receivers obtained at Best Buy, Costco, Sams, Bobs Big Sat Store etc.. Are leased receivers.

So does that mean I can't use this machine? I am trying to find out how to replace this R15 which is a piece of crap. I have tried to find out from DTV, but can't get any cut and dry info. What can I do to replace the unit that I have, because it doesn't work right?

Go to eBay and buy a used TiVo HR10-250 should be less than $100 plus $20 for a new card.

When a DVR is "PURCHASED" from BB or any other store for $99 it is just a LEASE UPGRADE fee ownership is still retained by D*. On deactivation of receiver D* is supposed to provide prepaid shipping return boxes. If the box is not returned a FULL RETAIL PRICE is charged to the customers account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts