R15 Software Upgraded To 109A

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcs_dtv

Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
My R15 software just upgraded itself from 108F to 109A. Anyone else get it yet? One can only hope it fixes some issues, but I haven't noticed any differences yet.

I'm still at 108F. I'm giving DirecTV until after the CES to make a decision about the product. There's just too many bugs to deal with and I don't like babysitting the machine. Getting tired of it recording every episode of a show despite having it set on first runs - and they are not first run showings.

It seems the FF is more precise since the update.... If you hit play it stops much quicker now...... The series pass seems to work fine for me...... I'm not sure what problems people are having but it works pretty good for me..... I record the Thirsty Traveler every night and it never records the replay at 2am or so...... I would love to have that guys job.....

My sister has Tivo and she says if you set season pass for CSI on Spike, it will record every episode that comes on that channel except the shows that have been recorded..... It does the same with keeping 5 shows unless you change the setting.....

Hey Texas, could you explain what it is doing so I can see if mine is doing that.....

I have a series link for Xplay on G4. I have it set for first run only. It's recording every ding dang episode even shows from the summer which clearly are not a first run. If an episode repeats that has been previously recorded, it wont re-record it.

Other shows set to record all episodes, the R15 seems to pick and choose which ones it wants to record. I have to go through the guide and make sure it will truly record all shows on this channel. The show doesn't repeat either so it shouldn't get confused.

Never had season pass problems on the DTivo. I set it to record new episodes of Myth Busters and it only recorded the new ones not the old ones from earlier in the year...

I got the new 109a software yesterday morning and it is STILL recording shows I tell it first run only and Series Links that I have set to "keep until I delete" are still getting deleted and replaced with recent episodes. They really dropped the ball on this one!

New software installed - Still no working Calller ID, and no auto-tune for channels I receive.

When will they get it right???

OK, so far the update seems to have caller id working when I am viewing live, but not when the unit is in standby (power off). This makes it useless as a log, but if it will keep working while watching, that's better than nothing. Maybe they have it programmed to try to keep it from recording a caller id on screen or something. Fast forward and play do seem to work a little better, and the guide seems a tad faster.

frogg said:
OK, so far the update seems to have caller id working when I am viewing live, but not when the unit is in standby (power off). This makes it useless as a log, but if it will keep working while watching, that's better than nothing...

Why would you ever need to turn the unit to standby/off? It never really goes off anyway. I just leave mine on all the time. :cool:

frogg said:
Why on earth would you want to leave yours on?:confused:
Mainly because I can't yet see any benefit from turning it "off" and "on". It doesn't stop the hard drive or fan(s) from running as far as I can tell. Power savings? I doubt it. Maybe a few cents a year. If you have information to the contrary, share it. :)

Sofware Upgraded to 109a

I got the upgrade to 109a on Dec 22 at 4:58am. Called ID is working now while the unit is on. So far 12 calls over 2 days have correctly displayed the caller ID on the screen. Guide seems faster.

tcs_dtv said:
Mainly because I can't yet see any benefit from turning it "off" and "on". It doesn't stop the hard drive or fan(s) from running as far as I can tell. Power savings? I doubt it. Maybe a few cents a year. If you have information to the contrary, share it. :)
Well, I agree with everything you are saying. It's just that mine is in a bedroom, and I don't particularly want the "blue night lights". I know you can turn off the "ring lights", but since I have my remote set to turn on/off both the unit and the tv, that seems to work best for me.:)

stellar832000 said:
Has anyone else noticed that now with the new software upgrade the recording light is now yellow instead of red (kinda strange)

I noticed this too... also my caller ID is now working consistently! :up

Upgrade Lately? said:
My caller ID hasn't worked once since this update, not even after a reset.

Upgrade Lately,
I don't own the unit,but was wondering, seeing many are saying that thier called Id is working now , Is there a setting on the unit to tirn the Caller Id On or off, Is your turned off, I know on the H-10 there is this feature to turn on and off, just wondering.

Jimbo

Frogg,
Does the fan run on this unit all the time, or just when it's turned on ?

I had a old Sony HD 100 that the fan ran as soon as you plugged the thing in, and never went off till I unplugged it and put it in my closet.

I realize that the unit ran hot and needed the fan, witch is poor design .....
The fan drove me nuts.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts