R15 versus E*'s 522/625

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Briguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I am thinking about switching to D* and am curious if there is anyone out there with information on how these two stack up against each other. Is the R15 the one that is currently being offer at no charge with an instant rebate? I am sick and tired of my buggy 522 that I am willing to leave E*. Thanks for any input.

The R15 isn't out until November 7th, so near impossible to compare reliably at this time.

The main difference is that no D* DVRs have dual outputs. They can record two channels at once, while you watch a recorded program, but none offer the "two programs on two separate TVs" that the 522 offers. D* DVRs are basically non-buggy 522s in "Single Mode".

D* is offering $100 off -any- DVR (one per household) through 2/26/05.
It's just that the R15 and R10 retail for $99. So they're both free after rebate.
HR10-250s retail price is $599, so you can get it for $499 after rebate.

I had a 522, and ditched it for an R10. I was ecstatic. I've since replaced the R10 with an HR10-250.

H

The 522 was the single worst piece of electronics I've ever owned, and I don't say that lightly. Stay far away from it! My R-10 has been perfect so far. My Hr10-250 has been a little more quircky, but other than being really slow, it's also worked perfect.

kbohip said:
The 522 was the single worst piece of electronics I've ever owned, and I don't say that lightly. Stay far away from it! My R-10 has been perfect so far.
Agree 100%!! 522=sucks....bad.

The R10 is the current Directv TiVo and runs circles around the 522/625 for reliability. The R15 is so far unproven and I would recommend going with the proven R10 or waiting till at least January to get some history on the R15.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts