RA on a Leased Receiver with DHP

zitro

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
"Brooklyn, NY"
So I asked Dish to send a replacement for my flaky 2700 which was not tuning some channels. It's a leased rcvr from when I started the account, and have DHP. So they send a replacement 3700, I activate it, and everything is gravy.

I check my recent activity and noticed that my plan went down in price, but now I get slapped an additional access fee, which smells like an owned receiver. Sure enough, I call Tech Support, and they said the 3700 is an owned receiver. Now, that sounds like a mistake, where I get an owned rcvr for ra'ing my leased rcvr, but is that normal? Could that put my DHP in jeopardy?

quite possibly.. they probably activated that receiver as a new one instead of putting the numbers in as replacing the old receiver or didnt put the check in the appropriate box when zipping through the account.. cause that is certainly possible.. and if i recall correctly if all leased dhp receivers are removed from the account, it is then no longer dhp.. could be wrong, but i would certainly call and check it out if you are concerned about dhp. But you could always keep it as owned if it is infact set up as owned and get the dhpp warranty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)