This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

RabbitEars Search Map Enters Public Beta

Glad you like it.

Interference is hard because you have to do a separate calculation (F(50,10) for interference versus F(50,90) for service) and over a longer distance and for many, many more stations. It's a performance problem. If performance weren't an issue, I wouldn't have an adjustable distance selector because I'd just pick a sufficiently large value (140 miles?) and run every study at that distance, then drag in some number of potentially interfering stations beyond that. While I wish I could do that, unfortunately that study would take multiple minutes to run, and would bog the server down for everyone.

Ultimately, the FCC's TVStudy software, which powers the Signal Search Map, is capable of doing it. You might want to try it out. I have a VirtualBox file with it pre-installed if you want to try it, though I don't remember if it's the current version or not. (Send me a PM if you want the link.)

- Trip

Reactions: Tower Guy

I went ahead and made this new feature public by doing exactly what I said--it now allows you to expand an existing study only if the database is still the current version. Once that daily 6:30-7:00AM update happens, it's locked.

- Trip

Trip
I don't know if same in other states and towns but in my town when you pick where you live and then click on location go then go to page that shows the stations with color code.When you pick currant station search map and it goes to the line and shows the pointer where you live. When look again where you live it moved the pointer like a quarter mile away from where you live and a block to the left. The other problem is once you go to the pointer where you live and shows the lines coming out of the pointer you can't mouse over the point and click on it and move it to where you really live.

Hope this is the help you are looking for. baboonie

That's deliberate to MASK your exact house location on the Results link. Change the setting: Shift Shown Location for Privacy to NO before your search, and it'll be on your house.

Reactions: Trip and harshness