radio remote for t.v.1..???

vern

vern

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 19, 2008
is there any way to be able to hide the receiver and still be able to use your remote without the need for line of sight ??

griz_fan

griz_fan

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Meridian, Idaho
Amazon.com: Next Generation Remote Control Extender: Electronics

Give that a shot. Works like a champ for me, and will control all my gear which I have hidden away. Another option, some TVs have IR repeaters, so you can plug in an IR repeater cable to the back of the TV and extend the IR signal elsewhere.

But, for cheap, simple and effective, that Next Generation Remote Control Extender is tough to beat.

C

Cokeswigga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 15, 2004
Amazon.com: Next Generation Remote Control Extender: Electronics

Give that a shot. Works like a champ for me, and will control all my gear which I have hidden away. Another option, some TVs have IR repeaters, so you can plug in an IR repeater cable to the back of the TV and extend the IR signal elsewhere.

But, for cheap, simple and effective, that Next Generation Remote Control Extender is tough to beat.

I found it was way easier to get a 2nd UHF 6.3 remote and program it to work for TV1.

styxfix

styxfix

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Oct 7, 2003
Pacific Coast
One most receivers yes, but it depends what receiver model you have. Some basic dish receivers don't have UHF remote capabilities.

T

tonystewart20

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 21, 2008
If you have a single tuner then the 381 operates with a uhf remote so you can hide you equipment.

Pepper

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
OP specified "TV1" which implies a dual tuner receiver. All of those are UHF-pro capable.