Radio shack clearance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
The shack has alot of stuff on clearance including all of the monster calbes from basics up to the ultra series stuff, from what I saw tonight a big portion of the items are on clearance.

Yep, I believe since end of summer 2006 they have been closing most, if not all, non-mall based, low traffic locations. I am sure they have tons of stock to liquidate. I just wonder if this will solve what ails (sp?) them.

I went by the one in the strip mall that walmart anchors and it had alot of stuff on clearance, wish I had my old income to plunk down a few hundred on the stuff that was listed.

Thanks for the tip Van. There have been times that my workshop looked like a mini-RadioShack with all the parts hanging on the walls, from their stores.

Thanks for the tip Van. There have been times that my workshop looked like a mini-RadioShack with all the parts hanging on the walls, from their stores.

they went high end monster sometime ago and lost me as a customer. i told the manager get your resume together. perhaps the monster move tanked?

today radio shack is basically a toy store

And for as long as it lasts, some OTA accessories. Glad they had a pole when I needed one on short notice. No idea where else I could have found one without ordering it online. And, oddly enough, pretty good batteries. For the toys, I assume. Too many toys to go thru to get to the back of the store.

I used to love Rad shack...but I stopped going becouse as soon as you where in the door all the clerks where on you like vultures....maybe they need to hire them at Home Depot:D

I used to love Rad shack...but I stopped going becouse as soon as you where in the door all the clerks where on you like vultures....maybe they need to hire them at Home Depot
Wanna get em off your back, start asking technical questions about fta stuff. They'll try to give you dish network schpeel... say you don't want them, just fta... soon enough, they'll let you be and avoid you any time you come in...

Even at a clearance price, the Mon$ter stuff is still overpriced. Monoprice.com is still the cheaper route. RS made a big mistake carrying that crap.

The shack has alot of stuff on clearance including all of the monster calbes from basics up to the ultra series stuff, from what I saw tonight a big portion of the items are on clearance.

I worked for Radio Shack many years ago, and it was a whole different story then. Many managers made their fortunes on the well-placed brands and product mix of the day. The company had aggressive but achievable goals, and those willing to work hard made it to the top. The incentive plans made the difference. RS lost their identity when Charlie Tandy died. Gone are many of the venerable Tandy brands as RS tried to be everything to everybody. Gone too is the fairness that built the company from its humble start. The tailspin started during the TRS computer days (which was a good private name in "PCs", at least for awhile) but many stores lost their shirts on that debacle. The company never recovered from there. I'll miss it when it's gone, but I won't shed any tears...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts