Rain and radio shack "waterproof" f connectors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank you for the quick reply Sadoun, I will be ordering some connectors and a compression tool soon.

I replaced all of my old fittings with compression (CableNet 100 bulk bag) several months back. However, I wonder if perhaps I should have used diaelectric grease on the external ones rather than the DMSI WaterLoks? Is there any long term experience with these?

SD

Well, I had to stop at Home Depot for something else and decided to look at the connectors/compression tools they carry. Big mistake :) They carry both the $16 tools and the $59 tools. Looking at more expensive one I can see one difference other than sheer weight. The $16 one (and the one I had) press on about 3/4 of the back of the connector when they push it in. The more expensive one wraps all the way around presses on the entire back of the connector. I don't know if it makes any difference but it seemed like a good excuse to buy another one :)

Lowes carries the Zenith ZDS-5061 tool (under $15), this is what I use. It has worked for me on Digicon DS6U/Q as well as the PPC EX6's that Cox is currently using. Mine survived submersion in Katrina's flood waters. It will not, however, compress RCA and BNC compression fittings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts