rain fade getting noticeably worse

My numbers are similar to Scott's and hardly ever get rain fade. look south if you are on the EA or SW on WA if there are really dark clouds chances are you will get rain fade. I've found if you hit the channel up or down button and switch to a channel that is on 61.5 if you are watching a channel on 72.7 or vica versa your channels will come back on.

The above signal levels are the average signal readings for St. Louis, if you are way below these numbers call DISH pay the $15 and get the repeak.
Thanks for the info! Where did you get it (so in the future I can get it myself)? Lastly, I think it'll cost more than $15 because I don't have the service plan.

Are DISH's dishes more prone to need repeaking or something? I had a DirecTV DISH on my house for years and years and it never needed tweaking -- and when it was removed it worked better than DISH one.

I have a similar problem with rain fade here in Amarillo, Texas. My 1000.2 dish was installed on 6/30. I have had the installer back out here twice to repeak the dish. The last loss of signal was last Wednesday AFTER the last repeaking. I have had three chats with Dish Technical Support on the issue. The last one was yesterday afternoon. I was summarily dismissed by the Tech with the following quote: "I am sorry during heavy storms you will lose signal, it will continue lose signal; I am very sorry for the inconvenience; have a wonderful day!" The chat was then terminated by the Tech! What great customer service!! Since it is just less than 30 days since I installed this piece of junk, is there any way I can get the service cancelled or am I stuck with watching lost signal for the next two years? Some of the clear weather numbers for different transponders on the three satellites are as follows:

TXPR 14,15,16,21
ss 55,60,57,65

TXPR 14,15,16,21
ss 61,73,71,76

TXPR 17,18,25,29
ss 53,52,52,53

They tell me these are "good" numbers. I sure hate to spend the next two years watching the screen say " acquiring from satellite 129". It is going to be great. I am an old C-bander who has had a BUD since 1985. Guess I am spoiled by the great C-Band reception/PQ. Sorry it had to go away. BTW, the last LOS was during a shower; not a heavy downpour. I had about 3 drops of rain in my rain gauge when it was all over with.

Thanks for the info! Where did you get it (so in the future I can get it myself)?

Its from a document that someone sent me about a month ago. I find it usefull so I can help people troubleshoot better. :)

Are DISH's dishes more prone to need repeaking or something? I had a DirecTV DISH on my house for years and years and it never needed tweaking -- and when it was removed it worked better than DISH one.
Not at all, perhaps the installer didn't tighten it down enough, or perhaps just some bad weather came by and pushed the dish enough to be slightly out of wack. :)

I have a similar problem with rain fade here in Amarillo, Texas.
Here is what I see as signal avgs for Amarillo Texas...

TXPR 14,15,16,21
ss 55,60,57,65
I show 66, 66, 69 & 71 for these transponders

TXPR 14,15,16,21
ss 61,73,71,76
I show 62, 66, 67, 67 (Your doing good here... looks like Skew could be just slightly off which is effecting the other satellites)

TXPR 17,18,25,29
ss 53,52,52,53

Your not too bad, but with a slight tweek your 110 could be a hair better.

I have a similar problem with rain fade here in Amarillo, Texas. My 1000.2 dish was installed on 6/30. I have had the installer back out here twice to repeak the dish. The last loss of signal was last Wednesday AFTER the last repeaking. I have had three chats with Dish Technical Support on the issue. The last one was yesterday afternoon. I was summarily dismissed by the Tech with the following quote: "I am sorry during heavy storms you will lose signal, it will continue lose signal; I am very sorry for the inconvenience; have a wonderful day!" The chat was then terminated by the Tech! What great customer service!! Since it is just less than 30 days since I installed this piece of junk, is there any way I can get the service cancelled or am I stuck with watching lost signal for the next two years? Some of the clear weather numbers for different transponders on the three satellites are as follows:

TXPR 14,15,16,21
ss 55,60,57,65

TXPR 14,15,16,21
ss 61,73,71,76

TXPR 17,18,25,29
ss 53,52,52,53

They tell me these are "good" numbers. I sure hate to spend the next two years watching the screen say " acquiring from satellite 129". It is going to be great. I am an old C-bander who has had a BUD since 1985. Guess I am spoiled by the great C-Band reception/PQ. Sorry it had to go away. BTW, the last LOS was during a shower; not a heavy downpour. I had about 3 drops of rain in my rain gauge when it was all over with.
You can use the reports from this thread to gauge how well your dish is aligned. Just look for reports from areas near you. As for the rain fade, remember that it is the clouds in the LOS for the satellite that cause the signal drop. You can have a clear sky over your house but still get a signal drop from a rain heavy cloud miles away but in the LOS of your dish and the sats.

I live down in Lubbock with a Dish 1000 and my signal strengths are virtually identical to yours.

I have had a few rain fade episodes during HEAVY rain recently.

We have had a spring and summer of unusually heavy and persistent rainfall.

My reception is very satisfactory only losing signal for 10-15 minutes once or twice an week.

When the signal has to traverse heavy concentrations of water and water vapor you get rain fade.

I would rather have rain and a little rain fade than drought.

Thanks for the info! Where did you get it (so in the future I can get it myself)? Lastly, I think it'll cost more than $15 because I don't have the service plan.

You are on EA in St. Louis?

Not to threadjack, but I've noticed more rain fade issues as well (need to schedule for a realignment I think).. but I've been seeing my 622 reboot often as well (when it loses sat lock)... not sure if that's rain fade, or just a 3(or 4?) year old DVR getting ready to give up the ghost...

I have noticed my rain fade issues have increased tremendously in the past couple of months on 61.5 and 72. Not nearly as many problems with 110 and 119.

I am having the exact same problems here in Eastern Connecticut. One night, I had absolutely ZERO signal on all satellites. I thought that a branch or something had hit the disc and was prepared the next morning to grab the ladder and check it out. However, the next morning, they were all back!

Also, I've noticed that 2-3 minutes before the rain, I get pixelation and then the rain comes. I hope that the new 61.5 bird clears this up.

Check your transponser readings to the ones below...

61.5 Tr. 10 - 39 32
61.5 Tr. 14 - 60 55
61.5 Tr. 29 - 46 45
61.5 Tr. 31 - 44 45

72.7 Tr. 15 - 51 48
72.7 Tr. 17 - 58 53
72.7 Tr. 19 - 52 49
72.7 Tr. 21 - 58 53

77 Tr. 13 - 48 48
77 Tr. 16 - 43 40
77 Tr. 20 - 47 39
77 Tr. 21 - 49 48

My numbers -- above in bold -- we taken Saturday (7/31) around 3pm. It was sunny with a few clouds (but they weren't dark/rain clouds).

I have Dish network for 14 years I have noticed that rain fade seems to be getting more severe and much more common and i am using the large Super Dish for 110/119

Ever since I switched to 72/77 I have had problems with rain fade a lot now I have lost both 61.5 and 72 ever since I switched to the one dish solution nothing but trouble...now have to pay another 15.00 for them to come out and re peak or something. even when it drizzles i lose 61.5 and 72 to bad I live in a rented 2 story townhouse and it is mounted on the roof so I cannot get to it myself. I definitely be calling dish back again and again to take advantage of their 60 day warranty. I had my signals drop even when It is completely clear skies with no clouds....there are absolutely no obstructions at all around the dish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts