Rain Fade in MN: Update

MNHTUG

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Put a message about my reception problem out on the Voom Yahoogroup on Saturday night. Wilt said he would let Voom know about the problem in a message on Sunday. Got a call from Chris at Installs Inc on Monday morning. Said he would send a larger dish out to the local installer (White Glove). Mitch from White Glove called Wednesday night. Signal strength was 92. Mitch scheduled a service call for larger dish install to be performed on Saturday.

I am EXTREMELY satisfied with Wilt's ability to get things taken care of quickly. I'm not sure White Glove is happy with me for posting my problem, but it is in fact a problem that appears to be well documented by Voom subscribers. If the change improves reception during light to medium rain fall we will be happy.

Since we did not watch Voom for almost two weeks, it would be nice to get some sort of compensation. At $100/mo, one expects things to work. I'm dreaming right?

Cheers to Wilt. He is an incredible asset to Voom. Chris from Installs Inc also appears to be on top of things. White Glove is going thru the motions so no complaints there.

Go Voom!

Since the install of our new larger satellite antenna, we have not missed a beat. Funny how if something works well, you just take it for granted and forget about it.

Anyway, we had an extremely hard rainfall the other night. During the storm, I turned on our Dish Network receiver in another room to monitor signal loss. We lost Dish Network for about 10 minutes solid. Voom stuttered for a fraction of a second a few times within a 2-3 minute period and that's it.

Way to go Voom!

Now if we could only get out DVR, Dish Network could go away all together.

Keep up the good work,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)