Rain fade on hybrid lnb

Joe891

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2015
Maryland
Is the ea hybrid lnb quicker to succumb to rain fade than previous lnbs? I've had a hybrid lnb for about 3 weeks now and I feel like I lose my signal for much less significant rain than I did with my old lnb my signal levels are better than they were with my previous lnb but the old one could withstand rain unless it was a bad downpour and would only be out 5 minutes tops. The hybrid seems to give up before the rain gets here and the signal comes back after the rain is gone.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes ,I have noticed since July when I got the hopper 3, that the hybrid lnb craps out sometimes before the storm hits. I have both E.A. regular lnb for my 211k ,not subscribed and I have the E.A. hybrid lnb for my sat dish for my hopper and I have compared them during rain . My regular E.A. lnb is still getting satellite signal ,when my hybrid lnb is off due to the approaching storm. But once the storm is hitting strong, both are crapped out them.

Yes ,I have noticed since July when I got the hopper 3, that the hybrid lnb craps out sometimes before the storm hits. I have both E.A. regular lnb for my 211k ,not subscribed and I have the E.A. hybrid lnb for my sat dish for my hopper and I have compared them during rain . My regular E.A. lnb is still getting satellite signal ,when my hybrid lnb is off due to the approaching storm. But once the storm is hitting strong, both are crapped out them.
With the old lnb I wouldn't lose it until the storm was in full effect and it would only go out for 5 minutes maybe 10 if it was really bad but I lost all signal for about 45 minutes got 10 minutes of signal then some pixelation now out again as another storm is approaching. I don't even have the hopper 3 but the tech added a super joey to my account and said I had to have the hybrid to have it because he's required to change it for every tech visit now which I don't necessarily believe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It has happened to me 3 times this week. NEVER HAD SO MANY SIGNAL LOSES FOR SO LONG WITH PREVIOUS LNBS.

It has happened to me 3 times this week. NEVER HAD SO MANY SIGNAL LOSES FOR SO LONG WITH PREVIOUS LNBS.
That's how I have been too but the tech ran tests on my cables and figured out i had a connector going bad so fingers crossed this fixes it

If you are losing signal more than normal and you are using a hybrid lnb then the problem is most likely the lnb. I have run into several bad hybrid ea lnbs lately. The problem is so bad that I now explain the issue to new customers and tell them to call me asap if they experience any issues. The lnbs begin failing within 24-48 hrs and the outages get longer and longer.

If you are losing signal more than normal and you are using a hybrid lnb then the problem is most likely the lnb. I have run into several bad hybrid ea lnbs lately. The problem is so bad that I now explain the issue to new customers and tell them to call me asap if they experience any issues. The lnbs begin failing within 24-48 hrs and the outages get longer and longer.
Ever since he took out that barrel connector I haven't had my daily Outages.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)