Rain fade... without the rain

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wisem10

Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone else been experiencing a rain fade-like experience with ther D* signal? The skies have been relatively clear here (in Raleigh, NC) but every so often yesterday and today, the picture has that pixelated rain fade look. Signals from all three sats are in the high 80's and 90's.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem with my setup, specifically, or if this is a national problem.

Thanks

wisem10 said:
Has anyone else been experiencing a rain fade-like experience with ther D* signal? The skies have been relatively clear here (in Raleigh, NC) but every so often yesterday and today, the picture has that pixelated rain fade look. Signals from all three sats are in the high 80's and 90's.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem with my setup, specifically, or if this is a national problem.

Thanks

My signal goes out when big thick rain clouds pass. It doesn't have to rain to knock it out in fact I've had heavy rain when it is sunny and still had a signal. Every now and then my locals pixilate without the clouds or rain but I think it is a problem with my local stations signal because the nationals are fine.

Never had that problem...signal strength at 80% + on transponders ....even in rain, no problem - if there's a really severe thunderstorm, we may have a brief outage, but it comes right back. We should not be watching TV with severe lightening and thunderstorms anyway!

Thanks for the input. Must be something with my box, then? I guess. I'll try restarting it and see if that fixes anything.

wisem10 said:

Thanks
Is it on all channels ? sat, or OTA locals ?
If it's only 1 channels, it's probably the channel, if it's on all channels, then it could be your receiver or LNB's or Coax line a good number of things.
Does it do it all the time ?

Jimbo

Are you sure you dont have a tree in the way?? My moms used to go out when it was windy because of a tree being blown in and out of the signal path..

We have had storms around the area the last couple of days. Even they were not overhead, they could still interfere with signal.

Ted

Thanks all for the responses. The "rain fade" seems to be gone now. I'm not sure what changed, I didn't do anything, but all seems clear now.

Thanks again!

If there is a tree nearby and the wind is blowing right it good be blowing the branch in front of the dish enough to cause the signal blockage. Check for any tree near the line of site, even if a few hundred feet away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)