Rainbow Press Release

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Press Release Source: Rainbow Media Holdings LLC

Rainbow Media Secures Long Term Distribution Agreements with Key Cable Operators and Satellite Providers
Wednesday February 2, 9:19 am ET

JERICHO, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 2, 2005--Rainbow Media Holdings LLC, the programming subsidiary for Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC - News), recently secured a number of key distribution agreements with both cable operators and satellite providers for its popular programming services: AMC, WE: Women's Entertainment, IFC, fuse and its FSN regional sports services.
Capping a year of important carriage agreements, in the fourth quarter of 2004 Rainbow completed long-term distribution pacts for its national entertainment and regional sports programming services with both DIRECTV and EchoStar Communications Corporation's DISH Network. Rainbow also completed carriage agreements with Comcast, Adelphia and Mediacom in 2004 covering some or all of Rainbow's programming services.

"Rainbow is pleased to have secured important long-term distribution agreements with both satellite providers and cable operators," said Josh Sapan, president and CEO, Rainbow Media Holdings, LLC. "We are pleased to continue to partner with our distributors in offering Rainbow's diverse portfolio of popular programming services to their subscribers."

Rainbow's national services continue to provide a broad range of programming designed to reach a variety of audiences. AMC has had its best ratings year ever, bringing its unique and diverse mix of popular and classic movies to a wide audience. In its tenth anniversary year, IFC continues to lead the category of independent film on television, quadrupling its original programming. We: Women's Entertainment continues to offer inspirational and empowering entertainment for women, headlined by the critically acclaimed "McLeod's Daughters" and the cultural phenomenon -- "Bridezillas."

In just under two years, fuse has become the country's only all-music, multi-platform network leader of all daily measured networks on concentration of persons 12-34. Fox Sports Nets regional networks continue to provide compelling, vital sports programming for passionate sports fans in the country's leading markets.

Added Sapan, "Rainbow continues to focus on further strengthening our brands and increasing their reach, as part of our commitment to providing great programming offerings including original series and specials, great independent, popular and classic films, music and live sports from both pro and college teams. Rainbow Media will continue to provide our distributors with top- notch television designed for a broad range of subscriber interests."

About Rainbow Media Holdings LLC

A leader in sports, news and entertainment programming, Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation. Rainbow owns and manages national networks: AMC, Fuse, IFC (The Independent Film Channel) and WE: Women's Entertainment, as well as Mag Rack, a collection of on-demand video magazines. Rainbow's other businesses include its regional programming services -- MetroChannels, News 12 Networks and Rainbow Sports Networks - in addition to the Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation and Rainbow Network Communications. Rainbow is a 50 percent partner in Fox Sports Net.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rainbow Media
Matthew Frankel, 917-542-6390
mdfrankel@rainbow-media.com

One intresting note no mention of voom

hbk409 said:
JERICHO, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 2, 2005--Rainbow Media Holdings LLC, the programming subsidiary for Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC - News), recently secured a number of key distribution agreements with both cable operators and satellite providers for its popular programming services: AMC, WE: Women's Entertainment, IFC, fuse and its FSN regional sports services.
Says nothing about VOOM.

Crystal Ball Says....

Does anybody think we might see something like this in the near future?

"Rainbow Media Holdings LLC, the programming subsidiary for Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC - News), recently secured a number of key distribution agreements with both cable operators and satellite providers for its popular programming service VOOM HD"

Just a hunch on my part.

storageset said:

"Rainbow Media Holdings LLC, the programming subsidiary for Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC - News), recently secured a number of key distribution agreements with both cable operators and satellite providers for its popular programming service VOOM HD"

Just a hunch on my part.

this is what I have been saying for the past month that voom would go from a service provider to a content provider

storageset said:

Just a hunch on my part.
Only for E*, but who knows?

Hmmm... When I called Dish yesterday to cancel their service the CSR said I see your also a Voom customer." And I said yes that I may have told that to a Dish CSR in the past and it is true, I am a Voom subscriber. He talked me into putting my Dish subscription on a hold basis for a few months just to see how things pan out. Maybe Dish is going to take on some of the Voom programming.

the post it self is nothing out of the ordinary, i mistook storageset's modification of the quote for actual text. :)

voombot said:
the post it self is nothing out of the ordinary, i mistook storageset's modification of the quote for actual text. :)

but it is big when you consider that they let you know of all of rainbow media's programming but they do not mention one thing about voom.

hbk409 said:
but it is big when you consider that they let you know of all of rainbow media's programming but they do not mention one thing about voom.

I did notice that but wasn't sure how to take it. It could be a sign of the end or that it is a direction for the future of just providing programming to other suppliers. Any insight?

VOOM exclusive channels were never part of these long-term negotiations (from what we know), so why would they be mentioned in this PR?

Ilya said:
VOOM exclusive channels were never part of these long-term negotiations (from what we know), so why would they be mentioned in this PR?

Usually the note all the things the company has, for instance when cablevision has a press release they normal say they launched voom dbs service focusing on hdtv. so for an article to talk specifically about rainbow media and not voom is pretty surprising if you ask me.

hbk409 said:
Usually the note all the things the company has, for instance when cablevision has a press release they normal say they launched voom dbs service focusing on hdtv. so for an article to talk specifically about rainbow media and not voom is pretty surprising if you ask me.

You make a good observation. I researched past releases and they always mention VOOM HDTV services as part of their scope of businesses in any release. It is interesting and perhaps not a omission.

gutter said:
You make a good observation. I researched past releases and they always mention VOOM HDTV services as part of their scope of businesses in any release. It is interesting and perhaps not a omission.

that way my whole point in posting it, because when you take that into consideration, it doesnt look like a minor oversight or ommission.

I see your point, but I still wouldn't read too much into this. They haven't mentioned many other things that they own. Perhaps in the present situation they just don't want to advertise their possessions of questionable value/future.

Ilya said:
I see your point, but I still wouldn't read too much into this. They haven't mentioned many other things that they own. Perhaps in the present situation they just don't want to advertise their possessions of questionable value/future.

what else does rainbow media own that they did not meniton. this article was about rainbow media not about cablevision. one would think that if that article was mainly about rainbow that they would put in thier dbs service.

hbk409 said:
what else does rainbow media own that they did not meniton.
Madison Square Garden, for example.

Ilya said:
Madison Square Garden, for example.

correct me if im wrong but thats part of cablevision, not rainbow media. rainbow media would be that channels and voom but cablevision own the sports and entertainment venues. Thats why when they planned the spinoff only that channels were included not msg or radio city

Not an indication of anything. Period.

From a Rainbow press release dated 5/25/2004:

http://www.fpdigital.com/fp_interior.php/sid/21/aid/90/nid/259

A leader in sports, news and entertainment programming, Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation. Rainbow Media owns and manages national networks: AMC, Fuse, The Independent Film Channel (IFC) and WE: Women's Entertainment; as well as the on-demand services: Mag Rack, sportskool, IFC Films On Demand Uncensored On Demand, World Picks On Demand, and World Picks Networks. Rainbow Media’s other businesses include its regional programming services – MetroChannels, News 12 Networks and Rainbow Sports Networks – in addition to the Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation and Rainbow Network Communications. Rainbow Media is also a 50 percent partner in Fox Sports Net.

From this thread's press release, dated 2/2/2005:

A leader in sports, news and entertainment programming, Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation. Rainbow owns and manages national networks: AMC, Fuse, IFC (The Independent Film Channel) and WE: Women's Entertainment, as well as Mag Rack, a collection of on-demand video magazines. Rainbow's other businesses include its regional programming services -- MetroChannels, News 12 Networks and Rainbow Sports Networks - in addition to the Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation and Rainbow Network Communications. Rainbow is a 50 percent partner in Fox Sports Net.

No mention of Voom in either. Maybe they do appear in Voom-related press releases, but not in Rainbow-specific ones.

hbk409 said:
correct me if im wrong but thats part of cablevision, not rainbow media. rainbow media would be that channels and voom but cablevision own the sports and entertainment venues. Thats why when they planned the spinoff only that channels were included not msg or radio city
According to their web site, "Rainbow Media owns a majority stake in Madison Square Garden"
Here is the company structure of Rainbow Media Holdings LLC. Madison Square Garden is part of it. Rainbow DBS is just a small part of what Rainbow Media owns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)