Rainbow signs deal with Tangerine for HD content in hotels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hopefully this translates to seeing more HD content on VOOM though I HATE the idea of seeing VOOM trying to get Chinese bucks. Is Tangerine a Chinese or Taiwanese or other company?
It's not the people I have a problem with just their government. I hope the Internet eventually destroys their Communist or Facist way of doing business.

Sarang said:
Hopefully this translates to seeing more HD content on VOOM though I HATE the idea of seeing VOOM trying to get Chinese bucks. Is Tangerine a Chinese or Taiwanese or other company?
It's not the people I have a problem with just their government. I hope the Internet eventually destroys their Communist or Facist way of doing business.

Dude, lighten up. This isn't 1955.
As an American sitting here in China speaking with a German associate last night about how capitalist China seemed to be these days, we both agreed most Americans' perception of China is pretty outdated and somewhat inaccurate. There had been lot of progress over the past decade, and the internet is the catalyst. Also, the increasing business relationships with the west are rapidly bringing western ideas, attitudes and influence into the country with dramatic results on the lifestyles of many Chinese. It's not completely free and open yet, but it's moving rapidly in that direction. The government even seems to be supporting the transition, but on a timetable that avoids the turmoil seen in the USSR.

However, regardless of that you don't have to lose any sleep over this Sarang; Tangerene is a US company. Mandarin Oriental is a Bermuda corporation with its origins in Hong Kong.

About Tangerine Global, LLC

Tangerine Global is transforming the luxury hotel entertainment market with innovative, premium quality HDTV content and delivery systems. Operating from its headquarters in Santa Monica, California, Tangerine Global is serving the hospitality entertainment market worldwide.

Stuart Z. Levin, Founder and CEO, has more than 25 years in cable and satellite TV, and media distribution. He pioneered many innovations while heading TVN Entertainment (the leading provider of PPV/VOD services to cable operators), which are now the standards for managing and distributing digital and pay-per-view (PPV) and video on demand (VOD) programming. While Chairman of TVN, he was responsible for growing the company from startup to serving over 50 million TV households with studio and sports content via leading cable and satellite operators including Cablevision, Comcast, AOL Time Warner, Adelphia, Charter, Cox, DirecTV and Dish Network.

About Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group

Mandarin Oriental is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts located in the finest business and leisure destinations with legendary service and exquisite facilities steeped in the values of the orient. Mandarin Oriental currently operates 21 luxury hotels with a further five under development in Hong Kong, Riviera Maya (Mexico), Tokyo, Prague, and Boston. In total, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group operates, or has under development, almost 8,000 rooms in 14 countries, with 12 hotels in Asia, 9 in The Americas, and 5 in Europe.

Well that's good about Tangerine. One of the problems though is the Chinese government trying to force Internet Cafe's to register which I find scary.
I really don't understand how ANY government thinks they have the right to restrict the Internet but then the Internet is any governments worst nightmare so I can see how they'd try to restrict it.

This can only be good news for Rainbow/VOOM HD and VOOM subscribers. Personally, we have such a large deficit with China that any sale the other way in welcomed. All that "cheap" labor is going to affect many US Companies...just look at what is happening with the Delphia for example: labor rates will need to be slashed by 50% if they hope to compete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)