Raleigh HD locals...no FOX..no CBS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't think that zip code list is entirely correct. My zip (27587) is in the spotbeam, but not in the list. I get the rest of the Raleigh locals, it only makes sense that I'm in the spotbeam.

I have been unable to confirm this story via any official source (WRAL, WRAZ, or DirecTV). I'd expect at least one of the participants to have a press release posted somewhere.

WRAL sent me the email then I replied back to Chuck at WRAL and he replied with this one-liner:

"Your zip is not on the list so you should be able to see the HD spot beam."

I'm assuming that means I'll be getting HD signals via my DirecTV for WRAL and WRAZ.

The email is a pseudo-double-negative or something similar, so it's confusing--lol

WRAL sent me the email then I replied back to Chuck at WRAL and he replied with this one-liner:

"Your zip is not on the list so you should be able to see the HD spot beam."

I'm assuming that means I'll be getting HD signals via my DirecTV for WRAL and WRAZ.

The email is a pseudo-double-negative or something similar, so it's confusing--lol

Sorry, I mis-read the post. But I still would expect at least one participant to make a formal announcement. AVS and dbstalk are not exactly the Wall St Journal or even the News Observer. This is the kind of thing D* would want industry analysts to be aware of, the kind of people who rate the stocks. They've done formal announcements every time local DMA's have gotten HD service, it's not a stretch to expect the same now.

I agree that the letter could have been written much better. I am also confused but I think the zips are the regions that may not receive the HD signals.

I doubt that DirecTV will make a formal announcement as this is not a new roll out of a metropolitan area but just a further completion of the RDU HD locals.

I'm just wondering when the signals will be available and will a software reset be necessary. I'm hoping this comes together before 6:18pm Sunday night!!!

I agree that the letter could have been written much better. I am also confused but I think the zips are the regions that may not receive the HD signals.

I doubt that DirecTV will make a formal announcement as this is not a new roll out of a metropolitan area but just a further completion of the RDU HD locals.

I'm just wondering when the signals will be available and will a software reset be necessary. I'm hoping this comes together before 6:18pm Sunday night!!!

They list the zips that will not get HD over DirecTV.

Too many assumptions in that email--like this one:
"As most of you are aware, DirecTV’s current spot beam only covers 75% of the TV house holds in the Raleigh market" What's a spot beam, bob? LOL

Too many assumptions in that email--like this one:
"As most of you are aware, DirecTV’s current spot beam only covers 75% of the TV house holds in the Raleigh market" What's a spot beam, bob? LOL

<sound of head hitting computer desk>

Good news for some just in time for the Superbowl... unfortunately, my zip is on the list (27574) and CBS is the only network that I can not receive OTA. End of the year is a long time to wait for D* to fix their spotbeam issue for those of us on the "list"...

Good news for some just in time for the Superbowl... unfortunately, my zip is on the list (27574) and CBS is the only network that I can not receive OTA. End of the year is a long time to wait for D* to fix their spotbeam issue for those of us on the "list"...

What exactly is a "spot beam"?

I just got home from work and checked my H20 and I now have WRAL HD and WRAZ HD from D*.

What exactly is a "spot beam"?

Channels like CNN or HBO are sent on what's called a CONUS (CONtential US) which covers all the 48 states. Local channels are sent on a spot beam which targets specific parts of the country which allows D* and E* to reuses transponders to allow for more LIL cities. Here's a link that shows how E* carves up their spot beams, http://ekb.dbstalk.com/satmaps.htm

CBS and FOX HD NOW AVAILABLE

Feb. 2nd Directv has finally lauched and beam CBS HD and FOX HD to directv customers in Raleigh and the rest of the Triangle. JUST IN TIME FOR SUPER BOWL! On your HD receiver, tune to channel 5 and 50, make sure at the top it says DD.

Feb. 2nd Directv has finally lauched and beam CBS HD and FOX HD to directv customers in Raleigh and the rest of the Triangle. JUST IN TIME FOR SUPER BOWL! On your HD receiver, tune to channel 5 and 50, make sure at the top it says DD.

1st :welcome

2nd That was passed on already.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)