GEOSATpro Random channel outages on MicroHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pontic79

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
I have notice random channel outages on the MicroHD. I have my system set up to pick up Galaxy 19. All the channels I watch are on that satellite. This has been happening very frequent lately. All the channels on the same transponder will show no signal while all the other channels on different transponders work fine. This is all on Galaxy 19. I hooked up my old Mercury II to see if those channels would work on it, and they did work. This confirmed to me that it was the MicroHD that had the problem and not something else. Right now transponder 12177 is not working on my MicroHD. When I click to see the info of the JCTV channel, it says HBCD on the demodulation line and zero signal. I know this channel is a QPSK channel. I would like to know how to resolve this issue. My MicroHD is running version TDV10290-1-0-2-0.

Delete and re-scan your channels. That's the thing to try first in a case such as this. I've had this same thing happen a couple times, and a rescan fixed it.

Yes a fresh Transponder scan show solve the issue. If not delete all Transponders on that bird and and do a fresh blind scan.

I did a factory reset and deleted all the transponders from Galaxy 19. After a detailed blind scan, the MicroHD located only the V transponders and it assigned a V and H polarity to all the V polarity transponders. On 12177, it scanned in a H and V polarity of this transponder with the same channels from each polarity. I now have double channels. I told the receiver to blind scan both polarities. Why is this happening?

Last edited:
Sounds like the polarity is not switching on the LNBF. Might be caused by a bad connection, failing coax cable or receiver issue.

Do another factory reset. Put the receiver on a vert TP. What is the DC voltage measured at the back of the receiver? What is the DC voltage measured at the dish?

Put the receiver on a horz TP. What is the DC voltage measured at the back of the receiver? What is the DC voltage measured at the dish?

Sounds like the polarity is not switching on the LNBF. Might be caused by a bad connection, failing coax cable or receiver issue.

Do another factory reset. Put the receiver on a vert TP. What is the DC voltage measured at the back of the receiver? What is the DC voltage measured at the dish?

Put the receiver on a horz TP. What is the DC voltage measured at the back of the receiver? What is the DC voltage measured at the dish?

I performed a factory rest and these are the voltage results I got.
12177 V- 10.55V Back of receiver
12177 V- 1.5V At dish
11842 H- 13.84V Back of receiver
11842 H- 0V At dish

There are no Diseqc switches between the receiver and the dish. It's just the cable between the MicroHD and the dish.

12177 V- 1.5V At dish
11842 H- 0V At dish

There are no Diseqc switches between the receiver and the dish. It's just the cable between the MicroHD and the dish.

Easier to troubleshoot. If there is no switch try testing with another LNB. Finally look for ground hair like wires creating a short. If nothing solve the prroblem then it has to be a faulty receiver.

With those voltage I can say there is a problem with the Coax cable

12177 V- 1.5V At dish
11842 H- 0V At dish

Are these measurements taken with coax hooked up, for the ones at back of receiver? If not something has failed in the receiver or the PS.

12177 V- 1.5V At dish
11842 H- 0V At dish

The voltages at the back of receiver are too low.

With the cable disconnected,
At back of the receiver V polarity should be at least 13 volts.

At back of the receiver H polarity should be at least 16 volts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts