Random question - what is this E* satellite dish? (Picture)

sdschramm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
NA
Hi, I know this is a really dumb question that doesn’t have to do with anything, but I was browsing some old picture archives from the Team Summit events from the dishretailer.com forms. Here is one of the pictures I am talking about

http://www.dishretailer.com/ts2001/5/MVC-012S.JPG

My question is, what exactly is that? I knows it’s a uplink satellite, and after research I found that it is from the E* Gilbert Uplink Center.

Can anyone fill me in on what exactly that large, wide, satellite dish is for? Anyone know of the “name” of it, have higher resolution pictures, etc?

Thanks!

Scott

I asked the same question, it's for all orbit locations. The dish is a Big U with a bar across, then they can attached LNBF's anywhere to pickup a Satellite.

lol, I wonder how much space IceBerg has left in his yard after all of his hardware, does he even need a lawnmower or will a quick cut with some scissors get the job done :)

Hi, I know this is a really dumb question that doesn’t have to do with anything, but I was browsing some old picture archives from the Team Summit events from the dishretailer.com forms. Here is one of the pictures I am talking about

http://www.dishretailer.com/ts2001/5/MVC-012S.JPG

My question is, what exactly is that? I knows it’s a uplink satellite, and after research I found that it is from the E* Gilbert Uplink Center.

Can anyone fill me in on what exactly that large, wide, satellite dish is for? Anyone know of the “name” of it, have higher resolution pictures, etc?

Thanks!

Scott

Havent any of you guys been trained yet? That is the new one dish solution for 129 until the new bird goes up next year. It is being named the Dish 1000.3.

Charlie Ergen is actually a space alien from another planet. He needs that to broadcast channels back to his home planet. In fact, all of Dish Network is actually a front so he can send messages through space back to his family without the government being any the wiser. I found this out while watching FOGNL on FTA. In fact, here's a screen shot from one of his Charlie Chat's he sends to his home planet.

Joozians.jpg

There are many different kinds of wideband dishes out there.
Most of them are built to order, 60 day lead time, and it takes about 5 days to build.
The reflector comes in two sizes, Simulsat-5 and Simulsat-7.

Lots of installation pictures, stories, manuals, and drawings from much of their customers are here:

Simulsat

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but I actually saw a picture of another uplink center with a similar dish, and I spent far too long trying to figure out the name of it. Since this thread was in the top results for multiple searches I tried, might as well tell anyone that arrives back here, or is curious. It's called a "Taurus" dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)