Rapidsatellite.com ????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

alton987

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Rapidsatellite.com seems to have some good deals. Any feedback from any SatelliteGuys members?

Most of what I have read has been negative vs. Value Electronics but I do not have nay first hand experience with them. There is a reason for that too ... petty as it is when I went to order my first HD receiver I phoned them at 2:00PM EDT and they said they would not be able to ship next day. I just bought the HD TiVO from VE and the transaction was smooth in my eyes.

Plus with V.E. you get 10% off as a Satelliteguys.us member (remember and tell them you are a member)

I'll never deal with VE again. I put $100 down on the hd-250. Never got a notice
whether it was shipped...didn't get the 100 back either. Haven't even heard from them
rip-off artists

dakeeney, have you tried to call them on this? They frequent this forum and have a reputation of resolving issues pretty quickly.

dakeeney said:
I'll never deal with VE again. I put $100 down on the hd-250. Never got a notice
whether it was shipped...didn't get the 100 back either. Haven't even heard from them
rip-off artists

I did their same deal but was able to get one via CC web site quicker. Once I supplied the required documentation to VE I got my $100 back, no problems. I'd call and ask for Robert.

I bought mine from Rapid Satellite and their service was great. Received the rebates and free DVD as well.

I had not found this site when I purchased from Rapid, but would recommend VE since they are a supporter.

PSB said:
Plus with V.E. you get 10% off as a Satelliteguys.us member (remember and tell them you are a member)

Do you have to call them directly to get this, or do you have a "promo code" that you give them on the website?

Here's who not to order from: RAPID (what a joke for a name) SATELLITE. I'm new to all this but the setup for putting in a system is a nightmare. I ordered a 4 room system from Rapid and the HD receiver was dead on arrival. The installer, a different company, kept trying to get me to pay more for installation after he started even though it seemed like a basic install (whatever that means)and I did most of the drilling through walls. It's been 3 weeks now and I still don't have a replacement. Talking to DirecTV doesn't seem to help ( they're a 3rd company in all this). The receivers seem out of date. For example, none of the manuals talk about DVDs only VCRs. I have 3 Hughes(SD-HBH) and one dead Samsung (SIR-TS360).
The whole system is flawed: Dealing with 3 different companies, long waits for replacements, the customer having to mail back defective parts, etc. I experienced 12 years with cable and had no problems with them or their equipment. I dealt with one company. I guess sat is better but at what price?

BE careful and read the fine print with rapid satellite.com. They charge HUGE early termination fees for cancelling D* services in addition to D* cancellation fees. Although they didnt collect them from me. Be careful I couldnt find the verbage on their website which makes it even more sleazy. I think a form pops up right before you give them your money online and you have to agree to it to proceed (ridiculous amount of charges for cancellation) and its also in the paperwork that you have to sign at your home.

PS installation took a month from the time i ordered.

I read A LOT before ordering my D* system and there were numerous negative posts from people that went with rapidsatellite. Basically, great price and do a good job to get you to commit, but offer terrible after sales service. I ordered from VE a couple of days ago and was very impressed with their service.

As a subcontactor that does work for alot of "DirecTV" installs. I would stay away from Rapidsatellite. When I get to a customers hpme to do the install, I find that about 90% of them were misled and have no idea what they purchased. The equipment is always outdated.

I am an installer that has done jobs for Rapid and I would not recommend them at all. I was in the process of switching from E* to D* and I ordered from VE. 1st of all cheaper is not always better. Although I am not definite, if it were me I would call VE tell them the offer you saw on Rapid and ask them what they can do for you. Their customer service is AWESOME from what I can tell and you will not wait forever for your equipment. Of all the D* dealers I have ever dealt with VE is the only one I would give any of my personal info to and order from.

Also VE will allow you to select the authorized installer of your choice. I had a local reputable installer do a free site survey and wanted them to do the install when my equipment arrives. VE took their info and gladly set it up so that the installer would get his credit and also applied the discount for being a member. I must say that a common theme is the very friendly service they provide. I now consider myself a full supporter for VE. Thank you all for your post which steered me to the best place to spend my money!

I ordered from them in october...they are great, i would order from them again, and they have great prices...

I ordered the 4-room DIRECTV DVR system on 09/20/05 from RapidSatellite via telephone with a tentative installation date of 10/01/05. Customer Service Rep (CSR) said installation department would call within 48 hours to set up appointment. My credit card reflected charge of $119.99 on 09/21/05. After 48 hours with no call from installation department, I called installation department on 09/22/05 and was told appointment had been set for 10/01/05 between 1:00pm and 6:00pm. I agreed. On 09/25/05 installer called and said he would be in my area 09/26/05 and 09/27/05. I said I would not be available until evening due to my work schedule which is why I had scheduled for Saturday 10/01/05. He said he could probably be there at 6:00pm on Tuesday 09/27/05. No call, no show from the installer so I assumed he would come during originally scheduled time on 10/01/05. After 7:00 pm on 10/01/05, I attempted to call installation department but they were closed. Called RapidSatellite customer service and told CSR about no show, no call. She said to call installation department. I said they were closed. She put me on hold to call installation department and returned to inform me that they were closed and that I would need to call installation department and leave a message. I said this was unacceptable but she said there was nothing else she could do. I re-called installation department only to discover that there wasn't even the opportunity to leave a message, that one had to call back during their business hours. I called installation department back on the morning of 10/02/05 and was informed that my installation had been rescheduled for 10/14/05 without my consent or knowledge. I said that this was unacceptable and that I wanted to cancel the entire order. Installation department said they could only cancel the appointment, not the order. I cancelled appointment and then called RapidSatellite CSR to cancel order. Was informed that my credit card wouldn't be credited until the equipment was returned by installer and that shipping and handling of $19.99 might not be credited at all. CSR did say that he would e-mail corporate office about possible refund of S&H due to installation failure on installer's part. EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED with this entire fiasco, RapidSatellite's obvious poor choice of subcontracted installers, and inability to get anything handled in a timely fashion (except, apparently, their original charge to my credit card).

Also make sure you read the fine print. They charge outrageous fees for early termination of your D* contract beyond what D* charges.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)