Raspberry Pi Zero

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
It is about time, I was beginning to think it was just a myth. :)
Time to start figuring out a project for this small computer.
Pi_Zero_front.jpg Pi_Zero_Back.jpg

Reactions: . Raine
I wonder what they are going to call the next model jelly, grape, and or bread? Full of cheesy humor had to say it.

Specs?????

• A Broadcom BCM2835 application processor
    • 1GHz ARM11 core (40% faster than Raspberry Pi 1)
  • 512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM
  • A micro-SD card slot
  • A mini-HDMI socket for 1080p60 video output
  • Micro-USB sockets for data and power
  • An unpopulated 40-pin GPIO header
    • Identical pinout to Model A+/B+/2B/3B
  • An unpopulated composite video header
  • Our smallest ever form factor, at 65mm x 30mm x 5mm

Reactions: fred555
I wonder what they are going to call the next model jelly, grape, and or bread? Full of cheesy humor had to say it.
Raspberry foundation was started in 2009 with intent to make small very low cost computers for learning. They had noticed a decline in students and others also, getting into computer science because cost was prohibitive.
Who wants to drop 400-500 on a computer and brick it. So they came up with the idea of the Raspberry small and cheap, disposable even, computer. Great for learning! Why the name?
The name is from the old days of computers when they first started in the 80's to make more affordable computers for home use. They had the Tangerine, the Apricot, Apple, and even Acorn which made the BBC micro and a nut qualifies as a fruit. So they just wanted to do it for nostalgic reasons. PI comes from Python Interpreter, what the Raspberry was intended to be only used for in the beginning, to also teach programming.
Thus the birth of the Raspberry PI.

I understand Michael I was just trying to make one of cheesy jokes. Thank you for the info though.

Love the size of it!! :clapping

I have some A's, B+'s and a bunch of Pi2's. There's going to be some zeros in the mix soon... :D

I'm thinking real hard about trying out making my own Amazon echo ish thingy with the zero. Would be the cheapest way I know to have an echo. Just need to order a USB sound card.

I'd ordered a couple of USB sound cards off of Amazon a while back for something like $2 a piece and I was shocked, they actually worked. In windows they just worked, in Linux I had to do some fiddling with drivers to get them to work, but I'd expected that. Actually, I'd kinda expected them to not even work at all for that price, but they did! :)

Yeah I was looking at some of those on Amazon and wondering if I should take a chance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)