Rate my install: Sportster 4 in a 2000 Ford Mustang

Beyond

Sep 27, 2006
Tell me what you think about the placement of not only the receiver, but the antenna as well. Thanks! :)

Attachments

• 1gj3.jpg
    1gj3.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 2rj0.jpg
    2rj0.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 3pr9.jpg
    3pr9.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 4ze7.jpg
    4ze7.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 5us2.jpg
    5us2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 6sp9.jpg
    6sp9.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 199
  • antennaly6.jpg
    antennaly6.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 233
Last edited by a moderator:

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
On a scale of 10 - 1 (10 being best)

Radio Install: 7.8 (I am not a huge fan of covering up usable compartments inside the cabin unless they are 100% covered like the device was meant to be installed there; nor am I a fan of anything mounted on a windshield or dash which you did NOT do or that would have deducted another 1.5 / 2pts LOL!)

Antenna Install: 8.5 (the antenna looks like it need to go back onto the roof another few inches to truly be facing totally UP; it looks like it tilts forward/toward the hood about 3 - 5 degrees. Report back if it ever leaks and subtract 5pts LOL!)

All in all it looks pretty good, and as long as it sounds great that is the best thing; enjoy!

Last edited:

Beyond

Sep 27, 2006
charper1 said:
On a scale of 10 - 1 (10 being best)

Radio Install: 7.8 (I am not a huge fan of covering up usable compartments inside the cabin unless they are 100% covered like the device was meant to be installed there; nor am I a fan of anything mounted on a windshield or dash which you did NOT do or that would have deducted another 1.5 / 2pts LOL!)

Antenna Install: 8.5 (the antenna looks like it need to go back onto the roof another few inches to truly be facing totally UP; it looks like it tilts forward/toward the hood about 3 - 5 degrees. Report back if it ever leaks and subtract 5pts LOL!)

All in all it looks pretty good, and as long as it sounds great that is the best thing; enjoy!

Yeah, I can see where your coming from by looking back at the lit up picture right on. It doesn't look like this for either the driver or the passenger; it looks more natural.

I haven't had any signal issues with the placement of the antenna yet. I don't like it where it is now, and putting it 6 inces further back would really make me not like it.

What do you mean by "leaking"?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
in the future, please use the attachment option and make pictures thumbnails. Please do not post huge pictures. It takes forever for our diaup friends (took almost a minute on DSL). If someone wants to see it, they can click on the thumbnail and it will give them full picture

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Beyond said:
What do you mean by "leaking"?
How does the antenna lead come from the radio cabin to the roof? Via the windshield? If so, if THAT ever leaks water into the cabin I jokingly said come back and deduct 5pts from the score.

Last edited:

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
2 on radio placement, 5 on antennae. Antennae's are best located at the back of the roof as opposed to the front, look at the factory and pro shop installs and they are always at the back of the roof and on rare occasions on the trunk lid.

Last edited:

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
Van said:
2 on radio placement, 5 on antennae. Antennae's are best located at the back of the roof as opposed to the front, look at the factory and pro shop installs and they are always at the back of the roof and on rare occasions on the trunk lid.
Thats not totally true. My van has factory installed satellite radio and the antenna in on the right front corner. And if my car would have came with factory installed satellite radio the antenna would have been in the front center.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Why is it that in radio use the singular word is antenna (plural: antennas) and in biology use the word's plural is antennae, but still antenna in the singular form?

ODD.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I was pulling your leg. You providea wealth of information here so i hope you get your answer.

It is interesting that the same word is pluralized two differnt ways. I am unaware of another example. I am also unsure how to use the either of the adjective forms---antennal or antennary ---so this is an educational thread.

Last edited:

Beyond

Sep 27, 2006
Van said:

No reception problems whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)