Rating in corner

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
I have noticed that when a show first starts it used to have the rating in the corner like TV PG and be fairly small now it is huge and seems to be on all channels sometimes though when it displays it coming back from a commercial it is small still but not when it starts. Is this something Dish is doing or the channel the shows are on is doing?

This is a new voluntary industry standard. It is coming from the channels involved. Contractually Dish cannot add or take away anything from the channels they carry with the exception of the local avails on some channels.

See ya
Tony

I find any graphic, logo, display, informational bulletin, crawl, roll-in, map, or tone placed on the screen that was not placed there by the originator of the program to be annoying.

See ya
Tony

Scott Greczkowski said:
Tony was a big fan of the black bars on TNN before it became Spike TV :D

(Ducking as I know Tony HATED them.) :D :D :D

Let's just be glad that DISH Network finally added Cincinnati UPN. Oh wait!

/me ducks too :D

Doh!!!! and duble DOH!!!!

At least one of the two serious issues were taken care of... Still working on WBQC, but at least TNN/Spike is fixed as well as can be expected.

See ya
Tony

Still too many channels using up 1/3 of the screen for eye distracting banners. The ones that annoy me the most are the ones with sound ... race cars spinning in and peeling out, photo taking sounds for photographs. It is nice to have the DVR to be able to back up and TRY to hear the audio they covered again ...

The logos did seem to grow in size recently. But I noticed that tonights "Doc Hollywood" on ABC Family had a huge "PG-13 L" while the Dish EPG rating is "PG-13 [L,N,SC]". I assume E* was showing the original theatrical rating and ABC Family edited out the N and SC. But it does show that the logo is coming from the channel and not E*'s encoder - if E* was adding it the rating should match.

BTW: The V-Chip info is NOT being sent to my TV.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts