Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
200410genesis2.jpg

Genesis Invisible Touch - Live at Wembley Stadium 1987

First Time Ever in HD! A classic concert filmed live at London's Wembley Stadium in 1987, this is Genesis at their iconic best. A spectacular stage and incredible visuals are topped only by their set list, including hits like "Mama," "That's All," "Land of Confusion" and so many more. Get ready to relive British rock history! Premieres October 22 @ 9PM ET.

Genesis played their very first US gig at my small college campus in 1973. After the show Peter Gabriel and a couple of other band members came over to my apartment for a party and jammed with us until the wee hours. As I recall Phil Collins was not the band drummer yet. Had no idea at the time how big Genesis would become! I have been a fan ever since.

So I'm assuming that the concert was shot on film in 1987? Wouldn't that be the only way that they could do an HD transfer?

GabeNet said:
So I'm assuming that the concert was shot on film in 1987? Wouldn't that be the only way that they could do an HD transfer?

I would think that the answer to your question will be Yes. They did the same with the Simply Red concert in ROME.

GabeNet said:
According to this AVS poster, the concert was shot in analog HD which only supported 1035 lines (as oppose to 1080).

Walter L. said:
According to this AVS poster, the concert was shot in analog HD which only supported 1035 lines (as oppose to 1080).

So was this recorded using the Japanese analog HD standard? Some quick Googleing yielded this:

"Japan had the earliest working HDTV system, with design efforts going back to 1979. Japan began broadcasting analog HDTV signals in the early 1990s using an interlaced resolution of 1035 lines (1035i). The Japanese MUSE system employed filtering tricks to reduce the original source signal to decrease bandwidth utilization. For example, three successive picture elements on a line were actually derived from three separate scans. Whole camera pans would result in a loss of 50% of horizontal resolution. Japan has since switched to a digital HDTV system."

The resolutions match and the time frame is right.

This one should be alot of fun .....we will just have to see how good the picture quality is. Usually stuff on Rave is very good. Im going to play this one loud!!

What the hell is going on? :confused: They started it at 9pm and then at 9:03 it went black. I'v been looking forward to this for a week. Now the Montreaux Jazz festival is on.

They are having problems...I was sooo looking foward to this. It sounded great for the second it was on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts