Status
Not open for further replies.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
i caught bits and pieces tonight and it was really good. they had a bunch of the old timers on. hogan just challanged austin to a match. main event between bishoff and cena coming up.

Yep DVR is rolling incase I miss something :D . There also running video on wwe.com of things that happen during commercial breaks.

Hogan v Austin - Mania 22???

Haven't watched all of it yet.

Two really good matches so far, ironman with a crap finish and the ladder match.

The Austin stuff was entertaining, but he is a shell of his former self. That gimmick only works once every 6 months or so...

I was really pleased with the Homecoming, there was a some room for improvement, but all in all it was a great show.......But i kinda thought the it was cheap to not have the Smackdown match, but in turn, the whole Teddy Long, "gangsta style" crap is really played out and just plain dumb......Teddy Long and gangsta style don't go together, how many of you remember when he was called Peanut? lol anyway, it'll more than likely open up so Raw vs Smackdown wars i'm sure.........

Ironman match was a little boring, ladder match didn't make any sense (Although lita, jebus on a stick was she hot last night...), Stone cold just went on too long with steph and linda when you knew what was coming and just had to wait for minutes on end...

Overall it was a good show, kind of lost steam as it went on, and would have helped to have bobby heenan live. I didn't even recognize hillbilly jim with the glasses, ponytail and extra weight...Everyone else looked the same but he's totally changed...

I like how they go overtime (beyond the 5 minutes they already scheduled) on the first night to screw with everyone's DVR's...thank's guys...

Purogammer
They did it when they were on Spike, and they'll continur to go over the 10:05 Central end time

The Canadian version Sportscentre has to wait until they are done :) They don't know exactly when they are live (In Canada, RAW is on TSN)

I was very disappointed with the show. There just wasn't anything that great about it. It had a few pretty good moments, but was just lacking. The ladder match was good until the horrible ending.

Much more impressed with TNA on Spike than WWE right now.

Just think, that was the best the Vince has to offer for RAW. He no longer has motivation to put a good product on TV since he gets no revenues from advertising with this latest deal.

It will be interesting to see how heavily the PPVs will be hyped now that most of the revenue will have to come from there.

The only motivation for Vince to have a good product on RAW is to beat UFC. Spike really put the heat on with having UFC on at the same time. TNA is an innocent bystander at the moment, but its not stopping Vince from being ruthless.

In my opinion, the first show for TNA was rushed and you could tell there was pressure on AJ Styles to perform in that first match. If they are going to do that style of show, 1 hour isn't enough. For as much as I hate the 20 minute promo on RAW, TNA needs to find a middle ground to setup the storylines. The whole Kevin Nash thing at the end just screamed WCW, but I enjoy watching TNA more than RAW just as BMcKen pointed out. TNA also needs to get out of Orlando at some point and go on the road.

EDIT: How about seeing Kevin Von Erich. Talk about eerie. Just think, 20 years ago, his entire family owned Texas!!

I posted this in a different section

It was OK…..at the end they tried to squeeze too much into too short of a time and we know who to thank for that

Yep

Old Triple H…….Did that whole “beat the hell out of Flair” segment need to last that long? It was so nice not to see him for so long and now he’ll be on right away every week killing 20 minutes.

At the end they squeezed the women’s match, the Smackdown “match”, Hogan and the main event in 20 minutes. And of course, it ran until 10:12 (why can’t they be done at 10:00 or even 10:05)?

But it was an OK show….
Piper was OK (I hate Orton)
Iron man match was good
Von Erich getting a pop was pretty good
Seeing all the old guys (Hillbilly Jim looked NOTHING like he use to)…and why did Volkoff need to wear the Russian gimmick?

What would have been perfect is if they got Von Erich in the ring and just as he was to start speaking “Badstreet USA” blared across the speakers and Michael Hayes came out (he was the one who old Trips hit in the back area) in the old Freebirds outfit.

Once Shane-O-Mac came out, I called my dad and said “they’ll all come out one by one”…yep (Steph got a new boob job) :D

Was I happy to see it? Yep
Was it everything they made it sound like it would be? Not really

I had the old reliable, NWA Wildside, but they're done now :(
We use to have a local organization but they're off TV now

so there isnt much wrestling to watch anymore....

it does kinda suck that Wildside isn't syndicated anywhere but Atlanta now.......wait, it may not be in ATL anymore.....but anyway......That's the way wrestling entertainment should be. Can't wait to go to Cornelia, gonna be wrestling a dark match there pretty soon

TNA on spike has it's own share or problems, namely being the terrible audio mix on spike now makes the commentary worse...I didn't think that was possible...

Raw on spike used to go long but I adjusted the timer. I assumed the first night vince would try to stick to 11:05, now I gotta go long next week and try to figure out how long they're going to go each week...Just annoying...

The thing about HHH is that every time he comes back, he gets the BIGGEST DAMN POP, he lives it up the whole match, and then he ALWAYS turns back heel right away. Why can't he realize the fans want to cheer him and stick with it for a while? That sledgehammer is a joke...I can't wait until some kid kills his brother with a sledge and sues WWE because of it...

Bra and Panties was probably the most enjoyable match of the night, how often does someone say that...Von Erich was great, just glad the big check in his pocket for the Tape library he sold that morning to vince didn't get ruined...After shane ran out it was obvious what was going to happen, but that's steph's same old boob job. You'd think she'd have clothes that fit by now though.

Besides, it's steph's fault regarding any shortcomings to the show, not trips, not vince, it's steph. She has no understanding of wrestling and what the fans want to see. I don't know who's house she grew up in to be so out of touch with wrestling...

But it was an OK show….
Piper was OK (I hate Orton)
Iron man match was good
Von Erich getting a pop was pretty good
Seeing all the old guys (Hillbilly Jim looked NOTHING like he use to)…and why did Volkoff need to wear the Russian gimmick?
You forgot Koko B Ware with the fake bird on the stick. :D I got a laugh out of that one.

Sour point of the night, seeing Mae Young in her bra.

I was a little disappointed that Ted DiBiase is out of shape, and how much Ricky Steamboat looks like a car salesman, but i'm used to mae by now, doesn't even faze me...

Jimmy Snuka falling off the top rope (no elevation) was a little sad. That's the part I don't like about the legends, how sad it seems at times and knowing that these guys aren't going to live forever. The guys you grew up watching are going to die in the recent future, they're like a part of the family...

dragontat002 said:
it does kinda suck that Wildside isn't syndicated anywhere but Atlanta now.......wait, it may not be in ATL anymore.....but anyway......That's the way wrestling entertainment should be.

AMEN to that!

Yeah some of the guys I eat snacks bigger than :D but damn that show was fun to watch :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
You forgot Koko B Ware with the fake bird on the stick. :D I got a laugh out of that one.
still didnt see his mother, Tupper

Sour point of the night, seeing Mae Young in her bra.
DiBiase giving her 3 grand to put her shirt back on was funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)