This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

RCA DRD-102RW DSS reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cjradloff76

Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Ipswich Queensland Australia
Hello,

i brought a RCA DRD-102rw and i'd like to be able to recieve dtv on the same set top box.

will that work. is the RF converter a DTV one or an older analog one. if i use the AV cables to connect to my tv and the antenna will it recieve normal tv on the set top box as well.

please help

Clinton

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this rec. like 10 years or so old, maybe more.
Yes, It would work, but only for the core programming, nothing advanced, NO HD, mpeg2 programming only.
Why would you activate this particular rec., you will have a 1 year or maybe a 18 month commitment .

Jimbo

ill have to check ..... and get back to you.

You aren't mistaken Jim, I've got two of these little beauties gathering dust in my man cave. I remember the excitement of first turning them on & the first movie I got to see was a Star Trek movie; now all I think of is "wow" at the new equipment. These things didn't even PIP guides when you were changing the channels guide.

It is antique but should still work for SD programming. Guide will be very slow and local channels won't down convert to the local channel numbers. I feel sorry for you seeing you state you bought it. If you were a new Directv customer you should have been eligible for upto 4 basic receivers FREE and if you are a customer I'd expect the area of $49-69 would get a D12 receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.