Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Okay this is very weird. I have a RCA DTC210 (Bought from VE :D ) RCA DVI Cable and RCA TV (It jsut ended up that way somehow) Anyway I had Dish before with the 811 so I know what the HD channels look like. When i first installed the Directv system I noticed a slight problem

It seems like it is zoomed in significantly. I tried the format button to see if that was the cause but it wasnt. I found a way to make the HD go to letterbox and could clearly see that at least 1.5 inches (on a 52inch screen) all the way around were being cut off.

For instance I go to HDnet and the station logo is in the bottom corner and is literally touching the edges. On the 811/dishnetwork there was about an inch under it and 2 inches to the sides. Now there is about .2 inch from the side to the edge. I thought it was the tv but confirmed it wasnt.

If i flip the switch on the front to 480p (yuck) it actually shows more of the picture and gives more space. but it doesnt look nearly as good obviously. I checked the SD output through a Svid cable and it seems fine as it shows significantly more to the sides.

What can I do to fix this or is it a defective box. Ide prefer not to call D* unless it is a messed up box.

Addition.. looking at SD channels they are slightly zoomed as well... I went into the screen adjust menu and was able to see signifigantly more.

On the ESPN HD SD content on the Left side it cuts off anything past the halfway point of the H and on the right its about 3 blue lines past the top of the H when it cuts off... I know this isnt right as Ive seen it on Dish / 811

Help? Please?

So Depressing... this is another issue like the horizontal line problem... but this makes me more mad than the line problem.

RCA (cant remember model 52w20 i think)
Yes
Yes though i did it myself. I hooked my 811 back up and tested it to see if i could tell... its definitely this receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.