RCA indoor tv antenna.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I was testing an old RCA amplified TV antenna at my aunt's house in Connersville IN. I was able to pick up WSTR 64 out Cincy about 15% signal strength then a came up with an idea. If you put a piece of aluminum foil behind the UHF loop the signal jump from 15% to 30% at night it even went as high as 45% on a RCA tuner box. I maxed out at 33 channels. I also was using a flat indoor RCA antenna with no amp to. RCA 301 is what I used I'll posting pics shortly.

Dan Rose

So what are you trying to tell us, the aluminum foil acts as a reflector? If you put the antenna outside on the side where the broadcast comes from you might get that strong a signal all the time without foil.

Sorry about that. I put a piece of aluminum foil on the back of the UHF antenna loop and signal jump 15% to 25% just by adding the piece of foil. I could test it outside but I thought this was a good starting point.

Dan Rose

0818110252ab.jpg

This is what I worked on at my aunt's house next idea is to put a coffe can over the UHF antenna and see what that does.

Dan Rose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts