RCA universal dual LNB with FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phileFriendly

Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Western WA
Hi-
I'm wondering if the RCA dual universal LNB I see for sale on eBay in a bunch of different auctions would work for FTA, Ku band. Also, if it would work, does anybody know whether it is any good or not? My current LNB is a single .9dB and I'm wondering if this would be a good upgrade. You can see all of the auctions on eBay selling these by searching for "RCA dual universal lnb".

Thanks for any advice!

PSB said:
I feel you are always better with a Standard KU LNBF over a Universal.

But PSB did you not state :

"The BEST LNBF out there right now MUST be the Invacom QPH-031 it is a low noise (0.3dB) unit, has 4 outputs. 2 linear and 2 circular, so it will work for KU and DBS satellites."

Please clarify Dude

Cheers All...

The QPH-031 IS the BEST LNBF out there....(IMO)

1. Its a STANDARD linear LNBF (10750 L.O.)

2. It also works for Circular polarised satellites (4 ports 2 linear and 2 circular)

3. Its a staggering 0.3 db noise value

4. Designed in the UK......

Thanks for giving me the chance to clarify dude!

Right O

So who cares about Universal LNBs then? Surely not anyone in North America. And why do so many web sites tout Universals as the type to get? Sillies....

Seems to me that the QPH-031 is the way to go but it's listed at $99 U.S. on Sadoun (Ouch) :eek:

Hmmm not quite up to par compared to the QPH-031... but what do I know as this is only the first week of my FTA training and thus I am only an Apprentice.

Can you recommend a good low noise dual LNB? I would need a dual LNB to easily hook up more than 1 receiver, yes? Then I suppose that I could strap a dbs LNB to the dish and receive the free offerings that PSB says are on the Dishnetwork as well?

Is that a better alternative to the QPH-031?
Is it cheaper?

Oh and by the by: PSB's website says "SHIPPING TO LOWER 48 STATES ONLY!"

Since I'm in Canada that's not a happy phrase to see... :(

:no :no :no

What's the difference between these LNB's :
- Standard
- Universal
- Circular
- linear

I just bought a 3500s and hooked up to my small old Direct Tv dish and only get I think it's G3 and G4. about 8 channels
But I did order a 36" dish with a KU single universal lnb.
I also have a signal meter /audio meter coming this weeks also
Should I upgrade to the QPH-031 LNB to get more SATS and channels I will be using this in 2 rooms in the future. I'm in the Philly area.
Sorry I'm new to the FTA and learning fast and any help would be great.

thanks
tom

- Standard L.O. 10750 (L/P)
- Universal L.O. 9750-10600 (L/P) 'Two bands controled by a 22KHz tone'
- Circular L.O. 11250 (C/P) (Signal is right hand or left hand polarized)
- linear (L/P) The signal comes down from the satellite Horizontally or Vertically polarized.

pcman said:
What's the difference between these LNB's :
- Standard
- Universal
- Circular
- linear

standard and linear are the same thing...KU band
circuklar is for DBS satellites
Universal has a low and high band...real good for Europe but not really used here. Pas9 at 58W has Cubavision, which uses the low band

Everything else is the high band :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)