RCA WVS150 2.4 GHz Wireless Video Sender

purvis

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Hello:

Anyone have any experience with this device??? I have dish hooked up to 4 TV's with a 522 and a 322. I would like to add it to a 5th room. But, I don't want to buy another receiver and I can think of no situation where there would be more than 3 tv's being viewed at the same time.

I have two in use, they don't like microwave ovens. Picture disappears when the microwave is on. Other RF devices can cause problems (cordless phones, wireless internet) even if not in the same house.

Hello:

thanks for the responce. Their advertisement seems to indicate that being "2.4 Gig" that this reduces interfearance issues. So, is it worth it even with the interfearance? :confused:

As you would imagine the shorter the distance the better, and line of sight helps. When it works, the picture looks like analog cable, and there is just an occassional blip of static. I put mine old one to use sending my XM-Satellite computer signal from my computer to the whole house stereo receiver downstairs.

Low tech solution - I have one receiver feeding 2 TV: satellite component into my HDTV and satellite composite into VCR out as coax to second TV in another room.

purvis said:
Hello:

thanks for the responce. Their advertisement seems to indicate that being "2.4 Gig" that this reduces interfearance issues. So, is it worth it even with the interfearance? :confused:
2.4 Gig is less common than the old 900Mhz. frequency but it is used a lot. It works good when there is no interference. Be sure you can return it if you have problems.

Remember that:
800 MHz and 2.3 GHz are cell phone frequencies.
900 MHz and 2.4 GHz are open for wireless phones, garage doors?, misc. electronics.
2.4 GHz and 5.8? GHz is used for wireless internet, also.
There are some other narrow-band, low-power frequencies used too.
I recently got a wireless thermometer at 433 MHz $10.
FCC is trying to regain the old UHF frequencies at 700 MHz for communications (cell phones?) and that is why channels above 59? are going away.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts