Re- Engineering The 1000.2

FD611V

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
The Dish 1000.2 has been mounted, setup, and working. Although, 129 is sputtering...low signal strength.. That is about to change.

Today when I was remounting my older Dish 500 (some three feet to the left of the new 1k2) with a new DP Dual (single) LMB to aim at 129, I notice how the 1k2 is very easy to vibrate when the least bit of tough causes the "arm/lmb" parts to vibrate.. I know the arm for the LMB is somewhat longer than the arm on the D 500...which doesn't vibrate at all when slightly shaken as wind might do. I suppose this vibrating on the 1k2 is the extra weight of the three LMBs, and larger arm length. So, being somewhat a "back door of the barn" engineer, will come up with a design to stabilize the arm on the 1k2 dish. I have some light aluminum...1" wide x 1/4" thick stock that will work great to solve the vibrating when the wind blows.

There may be a attachment already out there for these dishes.

The Dish 1000.2 has been mounted, setup, and working. Although, 129 is sputtering...low signal strength.. That is about to change.

Today when I was remounting my older Dish 500 (some three feet to the left of the new 1k2) with a new DP Dual (single) LMB to aim at 129, I notice how the 1k2 is very easy to vibrate when the least bit of tough causes the "arm/lmb" parts to vibrate.. I know the arm for the LMB is somewhat longer than the arm on the D 500...which doesn't vibrate at all when slightly shaken as wind might do. I suppose this vibrating on the 1k2 is the extra weight of the three LMBs, and larger arm length. So, being somewhat a "back door of the barn" engineer, will come up with a design to stabilize the arm on the 1k2 dish. I have some light aluminum...1" wide x 1/4" thick stock that will work great to solve the vibrating when the wind blows.

There may be a attachment already out there for these dishes.

look at the polar (skew) plate on that dish and see if it has 4 bolts thru the polar ring. it might have only 2 which lets it slap around too much.

I installed the dish, and inserted all four bolts in the screw plate, and they are tighten to spec's. That isn't where the vibration occurs. It's the arm assembly that has the movement, starting at the bottom near the bend in the arm. I will send Dish Network the bill for redesigning their 1000.2 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)