Re installing BUD on new site..arrrrgh

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's a few videos of the 'snow' on the camera faced out toward our horse corral that I took tonight. You can see what had looked like maybe smoke in the still picture I posted earlier on in this thread is actually round, not streams at all, it just moves so fast sometimes that the still camera can't catch it. The small green dot you can see is the power light reflecting off of the TV screen and the picture's jumpy because I used my wife's Kodak digital camera to film our living room TV screen. In the second video it jumps around a lot at the beginning cause I almost dropped the camera, excuse the dirty work sneakers and other junk lying around at the beginning, the room's half torn apart getting ready for new sheet rock. :eek:

Right now it's really going crazy here, but I can't post a video of it up because the battery died in my wife's camera. :(

What it's doing here now makes the videos I posted look like nothing.

Geez, I couldn't upload just the movie files with the .mov extension, now it won't let me upload .rar file extensions. Will try zip.

NewZip.zip

Zip seems to have worked, the videos are in .mov format.
Never saw anything that 'active' before. I can see why you said earlier that you've had to chase the ghost hunters away. Could be dust, pollen, moisture, etc being illuminated by the infrared camera as it blows by on the wind. That could also explain why you don't see it every night and why it's faster some nights than others - no wind, light wind or strong wind some nights so none, a little or a lot of 'stuff' in the air). But you never know... :eek::D

I used to be a camera operator for a television show about the unexplained and paranormal. Have shot similar visuals of swirls and blobs. Quite often the area where these were present had unusual and high level magnetic fields.

The magnetic fields would spin compasses and do strange things to the camera imaging devices. Very similar to the aurora borealis but on a very small scale.

Reactions: . Raine
I used to be a camera operator for a television show about the unexplained and paranormal. Have shot similar visuals of swirls and blobs. Quite often the area where these were present had unusual and high level magnetic fields.

The magnetic fields would spin compasses and do strange things to the camera imaging devices. Very similar to the aurora borealis but on a very small scale.

That is my guess. It's not dust or pollen, last night it got so bad that it looked like a full force blizzard through the cameras and you couldn't see anything, but walking outside, nice and clear, no dust or pollen or wind. And compasses do bounce back and forth here or are off most of the time, once in a while they will work, but not enough to where I can trust them.
Certain metal things will affect it's movement too, some solid stainless rods I have here do, yet my big truck and the horse corral don't really seem to, which to me seems odd. Once in a while there will be some color to it, but rarely. I never tried checking magnetic field strength, fluctuation, etc here, will have to check into how to do that.

Reactions: Titanium
x.jpg

Reactions: N6BY and Titanium
I had to chuckle quite often as the producers would attribute these things to the supernatural and proof of the ghosts or spirits in the room. Yep, saw some weird stuff but nothing that was too far out and couldn't be explained with some test instruments. I feel that the supernatural gets too much credit.... :D

Yep dust particles do light-up with a flash. What is captured in a hundredth or thousandth of a second doesn't even register in our brain as it even happened. Cameras are able to capture a much broader spectrum than the eye is able to see. How many of use see an IR remote emitter? Digital cameras have no problem. Pretty interesting what technology can capture that looks like trickery to the eye!

Reactions: . Raine and fred555
I had to chuckle quite often as the producers would attribute these things to the supernatural and proof of the ghosts or spirits in the room. Yep, saw some weird stuff but nothing that was too far out and couldn't be explained with some test instruments. I feel that the supernatural gets too much credit.... :D

Yep dust particles do light-up with a flash. What is captured in a hundredth or thousandth of a second doesn't even register in our brain as it even happened. Cameras are able to capture a much broader spectrum than the eye is able to see. How many of use see an IR remote emitter? Digital cameras have no problem. Pretty interesting what technology can capture that looks like trickery to the eye!

Agree with the supernatural getting way too much credit. The ghost hunter people that got involved with me here did so because my older sister's son, [my nephew] got killed in a car accident, quite a few years ago now. These people had told my sister that 'orbs' were spirits and so my sister was going to the cemetery at night trying to capture a glimpse of these 'orbs'.

I didn't know any of this was going on until she managed to snap a picture of one and showed it to me, asked me what I thought of it. I told her what I thought and then she told me what they'd told her. I gave her some pictures and convinced her that what she was seeing wasn't spirits, that if that was the case, there was thousands here. Of course, they wanted to check it out and with my sister being in a rather unbalanced mental state at that time, I let them. Their silly performance and answers to my questions and all convinced my sister that they were wrong. At that time, I thought my sister would never be all right again, but she did bounce back after a few years.

Had to chase the ghost people out of here on four separate occasions, on the last one I was very convincing, I let something else do the talking in a very loud way on that occasion. Haven't seen them since.

Reactions: mmewrench
Well here's a wild one for the books. I had a few days tuned in then suddenly nothing. I figured the prehistoric lnbf I had, gave up ( good enough excuse as any to replace it:) but popped new one on and still nothing.. After a few days of head scratching, checked the dish mount pole.... Still solid as can be, and in VERY rocky ground, but by some freak of nature. ( or more likely a series of fracking events, were surrounded by gas wells) the pole shifted off roughly 25 deg whole still solid in the ground
At this rate I'll likely need to rig an adjustable platform for the dish pole mount

Ugh, I watched a documentary on fracking, seems like a real nasty process. Did the pole spin, or did it go out of plumb?

Just went BAD out of plumb, mind you this thing was concreted in 2 feet down and 2 feet in a cross in ea direction( I.e. 4 f across). There was no shift in the pole itself, the entire stinking mountain moved!

I find it hard to believe a whole mountain moved 25 degrees, versus a c-band pole that's only 2ft in the ground... That's not deep enough for a 3ft KU dish, much less a full size c-band dish.

Seems to me more likely that the slab you poured (2ft x 2ft is basically a slab) tilted in the ground, or was pushed up on one side by underground pressure...

Just went BAD out of plumb, mind you this thing was concreted in 2 feet down and 2 feet in a cross in ea direction( I.e. 4 f across). There was no shift in the pole itself, the entire stinking mountain moved!

Two feet is not deep enough.
For my 10 footer I started with a hole almost 4 ft deep and 2 feet across. Then welded the J bolts to a rebar cage.
The cage was then buried in over 1000 lbs of concrete. The pole is attached to the bolts for easy replumb adjust if ever needed.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3644276/

Are you sure the pole didn't spin in the concrete?? Has it got some sort of 'wings' on the pole in the concrete to stop this? It's either that or the mount spun on top of the pole.

Good luck going down 4 ft in these mountains with anything short of a backhoe... And it had best be a good one :) this is nsaty rock here. All ground rods have to laid in horizontally, there simply isn't any driving one down unless you happen to have a friend with a well drilling rig....with GOOD bits . th8s is the middle of the Ozarks, the only thing that grows here is rocks, but I've never had a problem setting a pole even for a fence corner at 2 ft, if I were down in the flatlands where there is real dirt I'd go deeper but in this rock the trick is to spread out side. I made measurements of surrounding ground in relationship to the pole when we set it for future reference.... They hadn't changed.
This likely explains why I'm constantly having to repair new cracks in the mortar on my house. And strange banging noises in the night that shake the house and no nearby felled trees to account for it.

We have the same type of ground here, you dig down two or three feet and hit ledge rock everywhere.

It's amazing the damage that fracking stuff can do. Not move the whole mountain, but definitely pieces of it though, if that documentary I watched was correct. It showed where they'd pumped the stuff down and it blew out at the surface in other places miles away. All sorts of nasty side effects to that, I hope they never start doing that around here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)