Re-Peak Dish 500

TMaud

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
I have noticed lately that when there is inclement weather I lose my signal much more easily. On a clear day my signal is only in the high 70's to low 80's.
Can someone please give me the procedure to re-peak (re-aim) my dish. Since there's 3 adjustments, azimuth, elevation and skew, what order should I adjust them in. hopefully this will help from losing my signal when there's only a light rain.

Thanks

Well, if you don't have any type of sat-finder, find another person to watch the signal strength screen for you. Without loosening any bolts, get behind the dish and carefully put pressure on all four directions. (I wouldn't worry abut the skew.) Pull back on the top edge of the dish and see if the signal goes up, if it does, then you know your elevation needs to be raised. Pull on the right side and the left side and see which way produces a higher signal.

After you figure out which way it needs to be tweaked, just carefully loosen the bolts and move it that way, always having the other person tell you what the signal strength is. Hope that helps. ;)

Like Jason says.
You can do it yourself with audio and get it really close.
Skew never needs adj if it has not been messed with.

After you figure out which way it needs to be tweaked, just carefully loosen the bolts and move it that way, always having the other person tell you what the signal strength is. Hope that helps.

Take a Magic Marker and draw a few Reference Lines( Mount Clamp,Mast,etc) before you loosen anything up. That way,if you move it too far and forget how far you moved it,you can reset it to those lines you made!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)