Re-wire a 622.

jokeworm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Tulsa. Ok.
Hi all,

have had a 622 and a 211 for quite some time now.

The 622 was running my main TV in the den - and also the tv in the "spare" room which was virtually never used.

The 211 was running the tv in our master bedroom. (it was not watched much at all either)

I recently decided to get rid of the 211 .. so what i want to do right now is re-wire so that i can use the "TV2" to send a signal to the tv that the 211 was hooked up to.

On the roof I have two dishes ... one 500 and one 1000.2 the 500 gets me 129 and the 1000.2 gets me 100 and 119.

As far as i can tell from the wiring - I have a "master splitter" which has an "in" and then two "outs" labeled 3.5db .... and I have a "d2200" Diplexer with an "in/out" and a "tv" and "sat"

I will have to take some time tomorrow to figure out what wire is where as all of the wires are in the same box as all of the cable wires that i also have running into the house ... so things do get a little more complicated than they need to be.

In order to switch the "Spare room" cable with the "master bedroom" cable - can you give me an idea what wires i need to follow back to the box and once there - what i need to disconnect and what i need to connect in order to get the setup working as i would like it.

Is it as simple as following the cable back from the spare room and disconnect where it goes into the d2200 . then follow cable back from master bedroom and plug it into the slot i just disconnected from. ?

Does that sound right ?

edit - sorry for the long post - wanted to make it as clear as i could without taking pics ... TIA for the help.

:)

attach master bedroom

attach master bedroom to uhf side of that diplexer and turn that tv in your bedroom to the channel in your spare room and you should be good to g

Just follow the cable from the spare room back and mark it, then follow the cable from the master bedroom back and disconnect it and attach it where the spare room was connected. Tune bedroom tv to whatever channel you are using for tv 2 and you should be good to go.

Just follow the cable from the spare room back and mark it, then follow the cable from the master bedroom back and disconnect it and attach it where the spare room was connected. Tune bedroom tv to whatever channel you are using for tv 2 and you should be good to go.

yup - i figured it would be that simple - was not sure if there were any invisible hoops that i would need to jump though too .... will give this a shot tomorrow afternoon ... :) thanks all. will reply back if i have problems.

I just have one question: Why two dishes? The 1000.2 should get 110, 119, and 129.

You know that - and i know that ... but after three techs .. still no decent 129 signal .. even though they were aiming at clear sky .... instead of allowing a fourth tech to come out i asked for standalone dish to aim at 129 to get a decent signal that would not drop out when a bird flew past the house ... i figured if they could not find a tech that could hit three birds .. they might be able to find a tech that could hit just one .... so far so good

;)

You know that - and i know that ... but after three techs .. still no decent 129 signal .. even though they were aiming at clear sky .... instead of allowing a fourth tech to come out i asked for standalone dish to aim at 129 to get a decent signal that would not drop out when a bird flew past the house ... i figured if they could not find a tech that could hit three birds .. they might be able to find a tech that could hit just one .... so far so good

;)
Interesting! On a side note, I have had some interesting issues with the Integrated LNB's on the 1000.2 dishes. Recently I installed a 1000.2 with a wing dish to a DPP44. Wouldn't pick up the 129. Turns out port 3 on the Integrated LNB was bad. I've also had a few bad out of box Integrated LNB's as well. Just some thoughts. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)