ready to drop dish.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
For the most part ive been happy with dish. The only thing i am unhappy about is the fact they don't have pbs hd , pbs sprout kids, disney jr, amc. Ive had calls from directv begging for me to come back. They have even offered to buy out my entire contract. If dish added these channels i would stick around. Esp bringing amc back. Them dropping big 10 network is the final straw. I love college football saturdays. Should i make the switch?

I have good reception of PBS and PBS Kids, as well as qubo, OTA, so I'm not that desperate for Sprout. Our family never missed AMC, so I never called in for the free Roku. Did you get one?

Review programming and any others features that may be important to you, while the AMC issue appears to be one that may not come back In the near future, not sure how the BTN will play out

Review programming and any others features that may be important to you, while the AMC issue appears to be one that may not come back In the near future, not sure how the BTN will play out
From my e-mail from the BTN "Big Ten Network (BTN) and DISH have come together to reach an agreement in principle for DISH to continue carrying BTN. We expect to finalize a long-term agreement soon and we thank fans for their patience."

For the most part ive been happy with dish. The only thing i am unhappy about is the fact they don't have pbs hd , pbs sprout kids, disney jr, amc. Ive had calls from directv begging for me to come back. They have even offered to buy out my entire contract. If dish added these channels i would stick around. Esp bringing amc back. Them dropping big 10 network is the final straw. I love college football saturdays. Should i make the switch?
So what are you gonna do now? Big 10 is back, well, back for good. You need to answer for yourself.

I am not sure. I might wait it out my 2 years with dish and if they dont offer new customer pricing ill jump ship. I think if it's dish or directv they should offer new customer pricing at the end of the two years. When i cancelled directv the first time deep into my 2nd year i wasnt offered anything to stay. The day i had dish installed directv called and offered me new customer pricing to stay. The hopper seems better than the hr 34 so not sure what i will do? I like dish buy they are behind in hd compared to directv. Plus now i hear referral credits go farther now. I watch pbs a lot so having it in hd is important.

I am not sure. I might wait it out my 2 years with dish and if they dont offer new customer pricing ill jump ship. I think if it's dish or directv they should offer new customer pricing at the end of the two years. When i cancelled directv the first time deep into my 2nd year i wasnt offered anything to stay. The day i had dish installed directv called and offered me new customer pricing to stay. The hopper seems better than the hr 34 so not sure what i will do? I like dish buy they are behind in hd compared to directv. Plus now i hear referral credits go farther now. I watch pbs a lot so having it in hd is important.
You sound like a customer nobody needs. From this post it looks like you left Directv before completing your commitment. You seem to be leaving DISH in the range of one year and all your posting about is getting discounts for switching.

Yes, what dish is suggesting sounds very reasonable to me. Also, you want new customer pricing after the next two years. Now what is reasonable about being a new customer when you have the service for two years. I have to agree with an earlier post that said you're not the kind of customer that Dish really needs.

Why should you get new customer pricing? When I signed w/ Dish 12+ years ago I'm sure I got discounts. It was my choice to stay a customer after that and pay the agreed to prices. When I just switched to Direct I received discounts, but realize when the discounts are over I have to pay the same prices as everyone else. It's what I signed up for. I don't understand why people want to get more than they agree to. You knew what you were getting. I understand long term customers feel they should get a loyalty type program pricing, and I agree that would be nice. But jumping around doesn't earn loyalty. (sorry if I sound harsh, don't really mean to)

What i meant was i will most likely stay with dish for my full 2 years. My only gripe i have with dish is they are missing hd channels i want. My whole point is after 2 years these companies should offer an incentive to stay. I have friends who always get deals with comcast after there promos run out so how is that any different? I am sure others look for the same deal as me after 2 years. Its working out a deal to stay and remain loyal. There are other reasons why i left directv.

Are you not aware that if you ask, you can usually some get credits, discounts, etc once out of contract. They are not going to ring your doorbell to offer them to you, but usually there if you are considered a good customer. Quick-changers would not be so considered. Personally, I have been treated quite well, and generously by Dish for the last eight of my ten years with them. And other than RSN's, what channels are you missing?

My whole point is after 2 years these companies should offer an incentive to stay.
Why????? If you want to change providers every time your commitment runs out, then don't be the first to complain when prices go up to cover the expenses of subscribers who constantly try to beat the system.

Again I will warn about the upfront costs to change, especially if you have more than one DVR. Get ready to pay $100+.

MAYBE D* has more HD you are interested in, but I dare say for MOST E* has more and better HD.

MAYBE D* has more HD you are interested in, but I dare say for MOST E* has more and better HD.
To be honest, since D* added BBC America, it would be an even playing field for me, channel wise. But as I have stated in other threads, not enough to make me switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts