Ready to move from Direct To dish. Multi-dish

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
I am ready to switch from DirecTV to Dish, mainly for cost, but can't find the
system online I need.

I have a problem seeing all sats from one location. From the roof, I an cuurnetly getting 101 to 110. At anoher location on my lot I see the 119 sat.

For Dish net with locals, I would need to see 119, 110 and 105. The current offers look like either 2 dishes, one for 119 and 100 and another for 105, or it would be a super dish for all three. But that will not work here.

I need external multiswitches to do this -- raw lnb output to the switch and at the output of that switch is sat 119, 110 and 105 to each receiver.

Is this possible? What package do I need? What I am looking at is the 180 package, HD on one tv, 522 for 2 tv's and a 311 for the 4th tv. With Locals.

The only way to receive all three satellites with dish network is to use legacy equipment with Dish antennas pointing at 110 and 119, and a FSS dish (old primestar dish and lnbf perhaps) for 105. You will need a dish network legacy switch, such as an SW64, in order to tie it all together.

You mentioned that a SuperDISH antenna is not possible. Unfortunately, this is your only cost effective choice for what you need, but as already mentioned, it is possible to do what you want without the SuperDISH antenna.

Al

al said:
You mentioned that a SuperDISH antenna is not possible. Unfortunately, this is your only cost effective choice for what you need, but as already mentioned, it is possible to do what you want without the SuperDISH antenna.

Al

I now find the super dish can do 105, so I wonder if the Superdish for 105 and 110 and a legacy dish for 119 and a multiswitch would work. Dish network did not answer my question directly so I am still up in arms. They did mention both the Super and the 500 but from what I saw, and if I were doing this the same way as I did DirecTV (I picked and bought every component), I would use 3 300 dishes and the SW64. I want to see how hard Dish wants me. Other than the $10 per month and no DCR, all I need to do with Direct is replace two receivers to allow all 4 rooms to see local. I'd just like to save $10 and get a DVR at the same time. Too bad it is not the HD one and combined with the HD receiver. I could always wait another year for the next offer and sort this thing out.

There are two SuperDishes, a 105 version and a 121 version. But both do indeed get 110, 119, and the other based on what version you need/have. So you would get a SuperDish-105 that gets the satellites at 110, 119, and 105 all on the one dish.

TuxCoder said:
There are two SuperDishes, a 105 version and a 121 version. But both do indeed get 110, 119, and the other based on what version you need/have. So you would get a SuperDish-105 that gets the satellites at 110, 119, and 105 all on the one dish.

Now, the SuperDish.. can I do this: Superdish 105, 110 to 2 ports of a SW64 and then a seperate dish output from 119 to the remaining port of a SW64?

Recall that I can't see 119 from the same location as 105 and 110.

Barry Erick said:
Now, the SuperDish.. can I do this: Superdish 105, 110 to 2 ports of a SW64 and then a seperate dish output from 119 to the remaining port of a SW64?

Recall that I can't see 119 from the same location as 105 and 110.
Thanks for sparking my memory. I don't think an SW64 would work because the SD has DishPro LNBs. Using a DP34 along with having a DP LNB on the Dish 300 (or 500) dish should work as far as I know.

TuxCoder said:
Thanks for sparking my memory. I don't think an SW64 would work because the SD has DishPro LNBs. Using a DP34 along with having a DP LNB on the Dish 300 (or 500) dish should work as far as I know.

Looking closer at things, That sounds right. A DP34 with a SD (105) and a Dish Pro 500 for the 119. I know Dish Net would ship me a SD and DP34, now if I can get them to toss in the Pro 500. I would install myself. I know an installer charges extra for a second dish. And with the Pro, the signal comes down one RG6 and that is what I currently have burried coming from the pole for 119. Now, to go with Dish (1-811, 1-522 & 1-311) or the local installer (if they would simply do the $49 package without the install or deliver it and I would say it was installed) with (2-811 and 1-522) for the 4 rooms. If someone offered the HD with HD DVR, I would jump at that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts