ready to start

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Okay, I got all my stuff ready to go.

downfalls, 18" dish and circular LNB, that's a problem...

I guess I can still get some FTA stuff.

My location is Quincy IL 62301

What bird would be best for me to point at to get the strongest sig. I guess I am pretty much stuck with audio channels.... Hoping to at the least get the NASA channel as I like science. :)

havenx said:
WIll my single LNB be able to pick them both up? It looks like they are both at 119 W but do I need to adjust the skew for each dish or will my single LNB grab them both?

pick up both L & R polarities? yes the single will

Since its circular, skew is not needed :)

Iceberg said:
pick up both L & R polarities? yes the single will

Since its circular, skew is not needed :)

sweet, that is the best thing I have heard about my system all day, LOL!

Okay so what do I set the skew at... like 38 or 40 or something to get both dishes?

I'm slightly confused, sorry.

single & dual in MOST cases wil pick up both. Only difference is 1 or 2 outputs

There are some old LNB's (mostly on Primestar dishes) that have 2 outputs but will only do V or H polarity, not both

Sorry, maybe I was not clear or was missing something... I am gonna set it at 119 W but to get the best reflection where should I set the skew... Cause I'm workin with an 18" dish here.... Or does that not even matter... As you know, and can tell I am new to this.

I might be using the wrong term, I am talking about adjusting the dish frontwards and backwards...

Hell, I'm just gonna try it and see how it goes.

So I got my 2700A up, uhh it was neat; however, I had no luck finding a bird up there. I pretty much got everything figured out except for one silly thing I over looked. I THOGHT I understood how to operate a compass but since boy scouts many years ago I must have forgot. I know how to tell north south east and west and etc with the device however I am not for sure anymore how to know the degree. My compass has the moveable dial for the degrees but I forgot the fundamentals to set to the degrees I need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts